• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BargainHumidors.com?

sduke

I'm looking to buy a new humi for display (with the coolerdor for mass storage) and I'm narrowing my choices--Savoy, CubanCrafters, cheaphumidors.com.

Also bargainhumidors.com, but I have a question: they're on the Scumbag List for "questionable business practices and poor customer service". Yet on this recent thread, I noted an apparently successful purchase and another positive comment.

Does anyone know how they made it onto the blacklist in the first place? Should I take a chance and include them in my decision, or simply respect the wisdom of the Scumbag List and forget them altogether?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

I don't know what landed them on "The List" but I have ordered from Bargain Humidors 3 or 4 times (one was a desktop humidor) and have never had any trouble with them. Last order was 2 weeks ago for some cedar trays. I've also ordered digital hygrometers, Cigar Oasis Plus, and trays from them - never a problem.

I've ordered a few things from them in the past with no problems.

I have a Cuban Crafter humidor that I won at Hurricane Herf III in September and it's a beautiful desktop that is holding humidity very well.

Ordered my brother's birthday present there, no problems at all. I searched a few places before ordering and all I could find were positive comments on them, so I couldn;t figure why they would be listed.

Yes... I was the original poster on the link you made reference to and I was very pleased with the quality and quickness that it was shipped. I would not hessitate to buy from them again. You will be very happy.

I just recently ordered some cedar trays with them as well, and happy to report no problems whatsoever.

I recently bought a Vector lighter from them. It arrived with no problems in a reasonable amount of time. However, I had to write them and inquire about the ship date because I had not heard anything. I would buy from them again.

Thanks, guys, for the input. I appreciate it.

Still weighing my options...

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

Baragin Humidors was added to the list for a variety of reasons. His customer service was pathetic, when someone complained he would actually go on CF and berate the customer that was complaining. There were also many more intances of his poor customer service and his inability to take criticism. He also pulled a bait and switch with his Antheim humidor. He advertised it as certain dimensions and when he sold them they were half the size.

I would definitely go for cheaphumidors.com over bargain.
Sage advice from the other brothers.

While I have limtied experience with either vendor, I will give the input I do have. I ordered from bargain humidor, the cedar lining for a cooler, as well as some cedar drawers and a few other items. I knoew that the lining was a cut-to-order job and that once ordered I coulkd not cancel. Howver, I dcided a few days later that I did not want the lining. Through e-mails with bargain humi, I found out that they had not been cut by the outside vendor yet, they called them, canceled the order, and got the rest of my items out that day. Oce received, they are exactly what I wanted, and I have ordered more of the drawers.

Baragin Humidors was added to the list for a variety of reasons. His customer service was pathetic, when someone complained he would actually go on CF and berate the customer that was complaining. There were also many more intances of his poor customer service and his inability to take criticism. He also pulled a bait and switch with his Antheim humidor. He advertised it as certain dimensions and when he sold them they were half the size.

Thanks, Master, I appreciate the advice. That's good enough for me.

I'm grateful to everyone who responded. Since the jury is divided--and The Master's opinion carries a lot of weight with me--I'll concentrate on the other vendors I mentioned in my first post. Why take a chance?

Thanks again to all.

SteveD.

I just bought a 300 ct humi from ebay. For the $44, plus shipping I paid, I never imagined anything this good. I would check it out.