• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Based on these, which ISOMs to get next?

dlomonosov

Banned
Bought an aged sampler from a guy on another forum and tried a few ISOM and love a few non-ISOM sticks, so instead of wasting more money trying different singles to find ones I love, and I already have a few, I wanted to see whose palet is similar to mine to get some suggestions.

I have been smoking on and off for 8 years or so, but has been smoking good sticks for the last 6 months or so after I started trying CA rated sticks and what I read on forums, so my palet is I would say half way developed and I am not sure if I can pick out complex flavors, but I can either like or love the taste or not, some where smooth, creamy, some were bitter and just tobacoee..

Here are the ISOMs I tried:

Monte #2 - smoked about 6 years ago and it was tasty, but have to revisit, since I forgot the taste of it

Cohiba Siglo III - about 6 years ago as well and thought it was very tasty as well

From recent agent sampler I bought:

RyJ Cedro Deluxe #1 from 2006 - Absolutely loved it, do all RyJ have similar profile? It was medium, woody and very tasty!

Bolivar Coronas Extra from 1999 - was strong, flavorless, just strong tobaco flavor, are they all like that?

RASS from 2008 - was some unique taste, it did not wow me, was pretty strong, would want to revisit sometime

HDM Petit Robusto from 2007 - was medium, good flavor, like the profile, are they all similar profile? Want to try other sizes

Still have Punch Churchill from 2000 and Partagas De Partagas #1 from 2001 to try.

Here are the non-ISOM ones I loved and were tasty to me:
Casa Magna Colorado Corona
Oliva V Torp
RP Vintage 1990
AF 858 Natural
LFD DL Oscuro Churchill Especial
My Father LB 1922 Oscuro Toro
Padron Palmas Maddy

My favorite size for cigars has to be 46-48 by 5-7 inches, I guess Corona, Corona Gorda, Churchill..

I would like to get some suggestions based on what I liked from you guys in these sizes and similar profiles..

Thank you all..

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure #1. Should be the perfect size for you, and you've had good Hoyo experiences. Tasty sticks.

dlomonosov, it sounds like you like a medium body cigar, earthy to woody, with not too much spice. If so I agree with the HDM Epicure #1 and would add the HDM Epicure #2 and H. Upmann Magnam 46.

Also you would enjoy the Monte Edmundo, La Gloria Cubana MdO #1,#2,and #3, and also Quai d'Orsay Imperiales and Corona. Probably Monte Especiales too.

Punch Punch is always a good standard. And you would go nuts for a Trinidad Coloniales.

I was thinking about this one indeed. Is HDM profile pretty much the same in all their sizes or not?

There are a lot of similarities in some sizes, but differences in others. For example, a HDM Double Corona is like smoking air. Epi's are different than the de Duex and de Roi.

How about RyJ Cedor Deluxe No.1 compared to other sizes, I loved that one.

Def not...... some of the RyJ sizes actually taste good. ;) hehe Not a huge Cedro Deluxe fan, but I like stong stuff. Not a huge fan of the RyJ line anyway. The belicosos are good and almost all the LE's, as well as the cazadores but these are stronger/spicier. The churchill is a lot like the cedro, so you may like that. Too light for me. I get bored of it too easy. Exibition #4 is a good solid cuban tasting cigar....a little more than medium with spice, but one diminsional....but its a good diminsion. ;) Less strength with more age of course. A good starting cigar or driving/ playing poker. You would probably like that with 4-5 years of age on it.

dlomonosov, it sounds like you like a medium body cigar, earthy to woody, with not too much spice. If so I agree with the HDM Epicure #1 and would add the HDM Epicure #2 and H. Upmann Magnam 46.

Also you would enjoy the Monte Edmundo, La Gloria Cubana MdO #1,#2,and #3, and also Quai d'Orsay Imperiales and Corona. Probably Monte Especiales too.

Punch Punch is always a good standard. And you would go nuts for a Trinidad Coloniales.

Well, I like medium and full. It just has to have the taste, other then a tobaco only taste. I love the full taste of Oliva V, LFD DL Oscuro, Casa Magna Colorado, My Father LB 1922 Oscuro

Punch Punch, Monte Edmundo, Monte No.2, Upmann Mag46, HDM Epi #1 were already on my list to order sometime in the near future. LGC Maddy Cuban or DR? I read about the DR being very tasty maddy and nat, both reg and Serie R.

So woody tasty would be RyJ Cedro #1, Torano Silver, AF 858 Natural I assume? And which cigar is earthy? I thoguht Oliva V, LFD Dl and My father are spicy and I like them?

I was thinking about this one indeed. Is HDM profile pretty much the same in all their sizes or not?

There are a lot of similarities in some sizes, but differences in others. For example, a HDM Double Corona is like smoking air. Epi's are different than the de Duex and de Roi.

How about RyJ Cedor Deluxe No.1 compared to other sizes, I loved that one.

Def not...... some of the RyJ sizes actually taste good. ;) hehe Not a huge Cedro Deluxe fan, but I like stong stuff. Not a huge fan of the RyJ line anyway. The belicosos are good and almost all the LE's, as well as the cazadores but these are stronger/spicier. The churchill is a lot like the cedro, so you may like that. Too light for me. I get bored of it too easy. Exibition #4 is a good solid cuban tasting cigar....a little more than medium with spice, but one diminsional....but its a good diminsion. ;) Less strength with more age of course. A good starting cigar or driving/ playing poker. You would probably like that with 4-5 years of age on it.

So I will try RyJ Churchil to have a medium smoke and order some LE and Exibition #4 if I find singles. Some RASS to try one more time and some Hoyo Epi #1. How about Cohiba Siglos, Partagas, Diplomaticos that would fit my profile?

Just a thought but sometimes you will be surprised by a cigar that doesn't fit your usual profile.

I like the Olivia O's too. They have spice, but to me are not real spicy. That's just my thinking. And I meant that you want spice just not a pepper bomb. The LGC cubano are earthy, but have a good flavour. Not too much spice, but I love them, especially with age. Just like the different flavor. I prefer the maddy LCG domestics, and the series R is great.... it has it own good flavor.

Sigs are awesome and rich. Partagas is good.... sizes I prefer and others I don't, like anyone. If you can find a Conn. #1, those are great. The Diplomaticos, I think you will be dissappointed in. I stopped buying those because they have an earthly flavor, but their flavor tends to be flat to me and I have had many that were just boring. Personally I have experienced some blend inconsistancy with them. If you do go Dips, then def go younger cause the lastest tobacco from cuba has been the best in the last 11 years. So you have a better shot.

If you want rich flavor, do not overlook the Quai d'Orsay or Trinidads. Trinis are WELL worth the coin.

BTW, the Monte Grand Edumundo LE that are coming out later this year are outstanding. Even fresh they have good flavor and balance. With 1-2 years, these will be right at what I think is the flavor you are going for.

So I will try RyJ Churchil to have a medium smoke and order some LE and Exibition #4 if I find singles. Some RASS to try one more time and some Hoyo Epi #1. How about Cohiba Siglos, Partagas, Diplomaticos that would fit my profile?

I agree the siglos are rich but they aren't really spicy like some of the Partagas that I've had. The siglo I had was complex but relatively calm from the standpoint of boldness. They were full of flavor, just not overwhelming in boldness. Haven't had a Dip.

You could take the risk of a Monty... I wouldn't though. I will say that I haven't had any troubles with the Monty no. 2's that I have.

Fonsecas are pretty mild for my taste.

Hey you might like a Vegas Robaina Famoso, it's a robusto though... so slightly out of your profile. It's a good cuban flavor but makes for some interesting details during the smoke.

Just a thought but sometimes you will be surprised by a cigar that doesn't fit your usual profile.

I'll second that.

agree. I like occasional Corona size as well, I find Rothschild or Robusto is to short for me, Corona, Double Corona, Corona Gorda, Churchill I love. RyJ Cedro #1 or last weekends Padron Maddy Londres was Corona size and I loved them as well.

I like the Olivia O's too. They have spice, but to me are not real spicy. That's just my thinking. And I meant that you want spice just not a pepper bomb. The LGC cubano are earthy, but have a good flavour. Not too much spice, but I love them, especially with age. Just like the different flavor. I prefer the maddy LCG domestics, and the series R is great.... it has it own good flavor.

Sigs are awesome and rich. Partagas is good.... sizes I prefer and others I don't, like anyone. If you can find a Conn. #1, those are great. The Diplomaticos, I think you will be dissappointed in. I stopped buying those because they have an earthly flavor, but their flavor tends to be flat to me and I have had many that were just boring. Personally I have experienced some blend inconsistancy with them. If you do go Dips, then def go younger cause the lastest tobacco from cuba has been the best in the last 11 years. So you have a better shot.

If you want rich flavor, do not overlook the Quai d'Orsay or Trinidads. Trinis are WELL worth the coin.

BTW, the Monte Grand Edumundo LE that are coming out later this year are outstanding. Even fresh they have good flavor and balance. With 1-2 years, these will be right at what I think is the flavor you are going for.

Trinis are deff on the list to buy. I did not like Oliva O Corona I smoked it was a bit harsh and tobacoee, I could not resist Monster deal of Robusto Oliva O naturals for $11 shipped 2 days ago, will see how they be, I thought SG wrapper was suppose to be sweet, it was not in that corona

I agree the siglos are rich but they aren't really spicy like some of the Partagas that I've had. The siglo I had was complex but relatively calm from the standpoint of boldness. They were full of flavor, just not overwhelming in boldness. Haven't had a Dip.

You could take the risk of a Monty... I wouldn't though. I will say that I haven't had any troubles with the Monty no. 2's that I have.

Fonsecas are pretty mild for my taste.

Hey you might like a Vegas Robaina Famoso, it's a robusto though... so slightly out of your profile. It's a good cuban flavor but makes for some interesting details during the smoke.

I'll second that.

Yea I read about Montes, for that monye spent, I am affriad to order them, but if I order I always order singes or 3 or 5vers, not boxes, I do not like to have 1 box, I like variety. I have Partagas de Partagas churchill size with 10 years on it, waiting for me to smoke it and Punch Churchill as well.. Can't wait. Need to try Siglo II, III, IV as well

ISOM: PSD4

Non-ISOM: Tatuaje Cazadores, Padron 3000 Maduro

I think you'll enjoy these recommendations.

-ttvr4

ISOM: PSD4

Non-ISOM: Tatuaje Cazadores, Padron 3000 Maduro

I think you'll enjoy these recommendations.

-ttvr4

PSD4 is next to get from ISOM along with RyJ Churchills

Padron 2000, delicias and maybe 3000 are next on my list in maddy. I had 3000 or 4000 natural back a few months ago and it was harsh to me, and I liked the Londres maddy I had last weekend, so I think I will like the maddys better in any vitola in Padron..