• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Battle of the Tats

The especiales are amazing cigars. They are among the best non-cuban cigars out there right now.

The blacks are a close second, but they are still a little strong for me.

I haven't yet had a Frank, but the "salted pretzel" profile of the Black is something to behold. It is not necessarily my favorite flavor in a cigar, but is impressive nonetheless.

I have tried about four Tat Blacks from the ceramic jar release and have yet to find one with any taste appealing to my palate - very disappointing IMHO. I'm hoping some additional sitting time will fix that. I have never tried a Black from the first release nor have I tried a Tat Black Robusto.

I have tried only one Frank immediately on the day I received it in the mail and was very impressed with the balance, complexity, and richness of flavors - a quality smoke indeed. I need to try another one soon to see if I feel the same about it just in case it decides to go through a "sick" period.

So from my limited experience with these , the Frank is a superior smoke in addition to it being rarer i.e. lower production.

I have seen some people trading Franks 1:1 for Blacks and frankly (pun intended) I wouldn't agree to that trade ratio - I think a Frank is worth more than one Black in trade value.

I thought the overall experience of the Black was better, but anyone who says that the Frank's final third isn't one of the best smokes ever should try another one.

I've had a total of 2 Franks, and have yet to really get into the last 1/3 of the stick. From the 2 I've had I thought they we're very good, and I'd really like to see what they smoke with some down time on them.

I thought the overall experience of the Black was better, but anyone who says that the Frank's final third isn't one of the best smokes ever should try another one.