• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Sauce, who makes the best retail sauce?

http://www.montgomeryinn.com

Has anyone mentioned The Montgomery Inn in Cincinatti, Ohio? Their sauce is spectacular. I have it shipped to Buffalo by my Cinci relatives on a regular basis. It's placed on cooked food...not put on before or during the cooking/grilling process.

I like to make my own based off of a basic dry rub seasoning but if looking at a store to see what is on the shelf here is where I would go:

Sweet: Montgomery Inn (Cincinnati)

Middle Sweet: Sweet Baby Ray's

More Spicy: Moonlite BarBQ (Owensboro, Ky)

Just my take but I see Sweet Baby Ray's in here often and it looks like you are going to the shelves to find one.

x2 on Montgomery Inn

In my experience, when it comes to chicken and pulled pork the hands down best suace I've ever had is Big Daddy's. Oooh soooo good!

It's just so so IMO on Ribs but can't be beat on Chicken.

I will throw another vote in for Blues Hog. Try the original on brisket and ribs and the Red on pulled pork and chicken. Mixing equal parts of each is also very good. Second on my list would be Head County Hot.

I was in Texas not long ago and wound up at this BBQ place that makes and bottles their own sauce. Rudy's BBQ sauce it was very good.

best bbq sauce that I've come across was in Milwaukee... restaurant called Brew City that I happened to stumble upon back when they held GenCon there.... damn, but it was tasty... generally when I'm travelling, I do each mean at a different restaurant, for the variety, but I went back to that place many times... and I ended up getting a few take out containers of their sauce to bring home with me when the Con wound up..... one of these days, I'd like to get down there again....
and the honkin' big neon pig on the side of the building was pretty cool too... :thumbs:

Here is one I really like. I wish I could take credit for it but I found it surfing some time ago.

Bourbon BBQ Sauce:

2 cups Hickory smoke flavored bbq sauce
*Any store bought brand.
½ cup bourbon
¼ cup molasses
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp mustard powder
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Dash Hot Sauce *or 4 dashes…
this is what I do with them, which seems to work just fine:
Oil in pan, add onions, garlic and sauté.
Add bourbon, other liquids, powders…saute for a few
more minutes.
Add Hickory bbq sauce and simmer for 10 more?
You can make it earlier, or right before.

I was in Texas not long ago and wound up at this BBQ place that makes and bottles their own sauce. Rudy's BBQ sauce it was very good.

Hey man! You must be talking about Rudy's BBQ, the one I live 50m away from... :D

Get real.

www.bourbonq.com

They make the best.

Pappy's XXX White Lightening
Fighting Cock

They are my regulars. Wouldn't use anything else.

Everything they sell is top notch.