• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Be careful California drivers!

2K6TBSS

Saw this on one of my BMW forums, and thought I would post here for the California residents.

Please be extremely careful in your driving and car registration & insurance matters. State of California is broke and they are trying hard to squeeze all of us hard to collect money. Effective immediately, if you do not stop at the red light, be ready to pay $436 in fines or if you pass a school bus with flashing red signals, you will be charged $616. The state of California is going for blood, so be extra careful in driving, You cannot afford messing with them. I have been hearing that Highway Patrols are under pressure to issue a lot more tickets than last year with at least 30% increase in fines over 2009, so beware of radar guns, highway and traffic cameras installed everywhere and the tougher enforcement of parking rules.

Just for your info, the next time you park in the handicapped zone, even for a minute, you will be looking at almost $ 1000 in parking tickets, so it'd better be worth it.

California needs money, so pay close attention to the rules of the road!

Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2012)

VC 12814.6 $214 Failure toobey license provisions.

VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)
Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, first offense.

VC 23123(B) $256 Driving while using a wirelessphone not hands not free, each subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124   $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.

VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.

VC22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507(B) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions,second offense.

VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.

VC27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger childrestraints.
Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seatdiversion program.

VC27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.

VC27803 $178 & nbsp; Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC34506 $616 Commercial Driver - Log bookviolation.

VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration.

VC4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

VC5200 $178 Proper display of license plates.

VC 9400 $178 Commercial weight fees due.

I'm all for fining the shit out of people parking in handicap spots, but some of the rest of those are just ridiculous. Wonder what "unlawful material on vehicle windows" encompasses, and if they are going to start cracking down on window tint. Man, and I thought PA's tax-inflated fines were redonkulous.

I'm all for fining the shit out of people parking in handicap spots, but some of the rest of those are just ridiculous. Wonder what "unlawful material on vehicle windows" encompasses, and if they are going to start cracking down on window tint. Man, and I thought PA's tax-inflated fines were redonkulous.

Yeah, it is getting bad... Maybe there is an LE that can clarify, but in addition to tinting, there are regulations indication where stickers/decals on the rear windows can go - something like the the lower right or left corner (a 4" square in each lower corner of the rear window). So, if you have one of those stickers that goeas across the entire window, one in the center of the window, etc. you can get the citation.

Like others have said, I am all for fining handicap violations, and with the way drivers are while using their phones, I am in favor of that now too. But some of the others are a bit odd...

You CA guys, get out there and speed! I'm driving down to Napa in April, and I'd like for the state to have all of the money raised quotas filled before then.

I'm all for fining the shit out of people parking in handicap spots

You need to watch Penn and Tellers B.S. show about handicap spots.

Synopsis?

From the wiki episode guide: "Criticizes the Americans with Disabilities Act for attempting to legislate compassion, and points out the law's negative consequences. Argues that businesses will provide support for the disabled due to the desire for as much business as possible regardless of laws."

I remember watching it when it originally aired, but this was a far better summary than I would have come up with.

Thanks. That's an interesting theory. i'll have to check it out if I can find it. Perhaps I'll see if it's on YouTube later.

I just got busted for tint. Fix it ticket from CHP. Fine was only $50, but still upsetting.

One more reason why i would never live in CA, slowing becoming a little more pathetic each day. As for the Penn and teller episodes, those shows are some of the best debates/views on the multiple topics they review, plus theres naked women in almost every episode! :thumbs:

Last year I tried to avoid an accident and crossed the solid line and went into the HOV lane, with a second person in the car. My ticket was $525 plus $50 for traffic school. SOB didn't care that I was avoiding an accident.

Wow why does anyone live in that Damn state? Seems like they tax the shit out of everything, have the largest auto fines, and there are so many things for sale that say not for use in CA.

Wow why does anyone live in that Damn state? Seems like they tax the shit out of everything, have the largest auto fines, and there are so many things for sale that say not for use in CA.

Your post reached CA. That's a $35 fine. Make check payable to Orvy Futbucker Department of CA Revenue, 7734 Scru Street, Fukumento CA 99666

Your post reached CA. That's a $35 fine. Make check payable to Orvy Futbucker Department of CA Revenue, 7734 Scru Street, Fukumento CA 99666

:laugh: LOL that is classic!

Easy there, fellas. This place is my home and I'm proud to be born and raised here. Yeah, there are things that need changing but before you go taking a dump on my lawn realize that no place is perfect, To each his own.

Easy there, fellas. This place is my home and I'm proud to be born and raised here. Yeah, there are things that need changing but before you go taking a dump on my lawn realize that no place is perfect, To each his own.

You've obviously never been to Iowa. :D