• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

beads

I ordered a pound of the 65% beads. Break in? I need to make shelves first!

PetersCreek said:
...According the exceedingly prompt e-mail I received, they should be in the mail today...
[snapback]216348[/snapback]​

They are :D

toliver said:
Got my coolidor set up a week or so ago. I have a pound of beads in it. The humidity has been creeping up by 1% about every 3 or 4 days? The seal on the coolidor is rock solid. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
TOliver
[snapback]216517[/snapback]​

Make sure the beads still have moisture in them. They should be about 80-85% clear when they have a good amount of hydration in them. When they get down to about 15-20% clear beads, which means mostly white beads, rehydrate them with distilled water.

I forgot to mention that my "coolidor" is actually an Igloo "Fridge-a-door". Does the cooling unit in these allow the RH to escape?

Here is a unit that is almost identical to mine: Igloo Fridge

Just wanted to add a comment here.

I ordered 1/2lb 65% RH beads and a drawstring bag on Monday morning and they arrived in the mail Thursday afternoon. Unbelievable!

Thanks, David!

toliver said:
will "re-hydrating" them make the humidity come down?
[snapback]216827[/snapback]​

My bad....I read it that the rh was not moving up quick enugh. I fyou are using them to reduce the rh then they need to be dry. When they become too hydrated dry them out by placing them in a 200 degree oven until the beads are all white then place them back in you humi.

Viper or anyone, quick question:

What experience to you have with customers using your beads inconjunction with an active humidification unit like a Set-n-Forget?

In other words, if I add 4 pounds of 65% beads to my humidor, along with my active humidication, will it stabilize the humidity even more?

Active humidification units (love em) do a good job when the humidity is low...they'll automatically kick in to bring you to a minimum humidity. What they don't do is have any way to bring the humidity DOWN when I'm sitting at 70%.

Thoughts?

waliguy said:
Viper or anyone, quick question:

What experience to you have with customers using your beads inconjunction with an active humidification unit like a Set-n-Forget?

In other words, if I add 4 pounds of 65% beads to my humidor, along with my active humidication, will it stabilize the humidity even more?

Active humidification units (love em) do a good job when the humidity is low...they'll automatically kick in to bring you to a minimum humidity. What they don't do is have any way to bring the humidity DOWN when I'm sitting at 70%.

Thoughts?
[snapback]221293[/snapback]​

The problem would be once the humidity gets over 65% and the beads are already saturated the beads will not pull any more humidity out of the air. My experiance and what I have read use one or the other not both.

Well, after battling with my little office humidor for months, I ordered the medium tube today....I hope it works like you all say, becasue I have some really nice cigars in there.

I just bought a large tube, and I was wondering how long these beads are supposed to last?

symyn said:
I just bought a large tube, and I was wondering how long these beads are supposed to last?
[snapback]222506[/snapback]​

The manufacturer states that they have an indefinate life span. This is true to a point. Any impurities that the beads absorb will cut down on the lifespan since the impurities will clog the micro pores, this is the main reason that distilled water is recommended for recharging the beads. Normal lifespan for the beads is well in excess of 10-15 years with good care.

OK - as I was adding distilled water to my paradigm humidifier this evening for the 2nd time this month, I decided to order the beads. Got a large tube for the desktop and a small for the travel. I have a feeling that the coolidor is fast approaching, so I will probably have to order a pound soon.

smitty0255 said:
OK - as I was adding distilled water to my paradigm humidifier this evening for the 2nd time this month, I decided to order the beads. Got a large tube for the desktop and a small for the travel. I have a feeling that the coolidor is fast approaching, so I will probably have to order a pound soon.
[snapback]222591[/snapback]​

They will be in the mail in the morning....

Just ordered from Viper's site.

Looking at these cooler-dors more and more...and you guys are right...1 desktop humi is not big enough :blush:

I am gonna begin my cooler-dor project soon...

Oh, this may be a stupid question...but how do you re-fill the tubes of beads?
I read Viper's FAQ, but didn't see info on the tube.

Does Heartfelt industries ship to the UK? If so how much would it be to ship the 65% Tube Medium?

Cheers

Tom

dukebox_1st said:
Does Heartfelt industries ship to the UK? If so how much would it be to ship the 65% Tube Medium?

Cheers

Tom
[snapback]222839[/snapback]​

Yes I do. The postage will be about $4.00 through the USPS.

chewbacco said:
Just ordered from Viper's site.

Looking at these cooler-dors more and more...and you guys are right...1 desktop humi is not big enough :blush:

I am gonna begin my cooler-dor project soon...

Oh, this may be a stupid question...but how do you re-fill the tubes of beads?
I read Viper's FAQ, but didn't see info on the tube.
[snapback]222695[/snapback]​

Easiest is remove the end cap and pour 1 teaspoon of distilled water (medium tube) or 2 teaspoons of distilled water (large tube) on the beads and replace the cap.

Just realized that I ordered without really making sure about the size. Is the medium tube OK for a small (25 stick) desktop humi that tends to run really dry?

Oh, and thanks for the great service after my address mess-up!!!

smokelaw1 said:
Just realized that I ordered without really making sure about the size. Is the medium tube OK for a small (25 stick) desktop humi that tends to run really dry?

Oh, and thanks for the great service after my address mess-up!!!
[snapback]222886[/snapback]​

The medium is fine in that humi.