• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer School

thevalkrye

uhh huh huh huh...member.
I got my notice that I am accepted into the Master brewing program at the Siebel Institute in Chicago today!!

CONGRATS! I purpose that CP Beer drinkers will be your control group for your first beer tasting pilot ... CHEERS!

Sweet! Congrats on getting accepted! I second the nomination of CP for your control group.

I'm jealous. If this science thing doesn't work out I've thought about doing something similar. How hard is it to get in?

That is very cool! Is it something that you have done quite a bit of (brewing) to this point?

It's 8 weeks in Chicago followed by 2 weeks in Munich and then 2 weeks touring European breweries. Then I go back home for a few months and summer 2011 I spend 8 more weeks in Munich.

It's not super tough to get into I don't think, sometimes you are required to do entry level brewing courses first, but they told me due to my background I could go straight into the master program.

I have only been a home brewer up to this point and have done some judging training but like everything else I like to take things too far!

Well, when you get to Chicago, let us know. We'll have to hang out and smoke and drink.

Absolutely! I will be there this September with my travel humidor.