• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best 250 Count for the money?

Papachristou

Banned
Hey guys, fairly new to the cigar hobby but i am really enjoying it. A very good friend got me started on it. Anyhow im looking for a decent 200-300 count humidor and i think i have found two in the range i would like to spend... any advice on these two?

http://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/cigar-humidors/enlarged/salvatoreenlarge.html

i like the wood best on this one and the concealed steel backing for the humi's and hygrometer

but...

http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Dome-300-Cigar-Humidor/dp/B000H684CS

this one has the vents in the lid and bottom which would seem to allow more airflow.

any advice on which one or neither? thanks in advance

Yo Bro.

We have rules here. Please go to the introduction forum and post an introduction about yourself.
More importantly read!!! Then read some more. Then do a search. Then read some more.

We don't recommend any of those. :thumbs: Don't buy!!!

Hope this helps.

For the money your best bet would either be an Igloo or Coleman and some humidity beads.

Yup saving you money and helping you invest the best $/cigar storage unit is not being helpful. You're right, the other places are lucky to have you.

wtf is wrong with you guys? i ask a simple question and am open to reasonable suggestions. instead i get "yo bro we gots rulez here" and then three worthless replies. i didnt say other forums were lucky to have me as i have little to offer right now as i already said i am new to this hobby and am trying to learn. I did sa, they were infiintely more helpful and welcoming though

We do have rules here. Not many, but the ones we do have we like to follow. Posting an introduction in the proper section is one of them as well as proper capitalization/punctuation. Not a big deal really. Post an intro and stick around. You will have all the answers you could ever hope for before too long.

where is my grammar off? of course it is a little off where i was mocking one helpful individual. im not typing an enlish paper here so excuse me if i dont use an apostrophe here and there.

ive just never been greeted in a forum this way. ive read lots of threads where people asked what humidor to get or showed their cheapo humi from the same site i was looking at and they were greeted in a much friendlier manner.

I didn't mention grammar, I mentioned capitalization/punctuation. No one expects perfection but an effort is appreciated. I'm really not looking for an argument, I posted what I did to let you know that putting this behind you, posting an introduction and sticking around would be of great advantage to you.

wtf is wrong with you guys?

Nothing wrong with us. WTF is wrong with you? I told you to go post an Introduction. --> http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showforum=34
Why have you not done it? Is your ego too big, or is it pride?

i ask a simple question and am open to reasonable suggestions. instead i get "yo bro we gots rulez here" and then three worthless replies.

And you got simple answers and you say they are not reasonable? wtf is wrong with you? Please define reasonable.
Did you do a search on what Black Cloud told you to get? wtf dude!
It is obvious no amount of reasonable advice will stop you from buying a piece of junk. So go for it. Buy it!!!

Is your shift key broken? wtf?

For the money your best bet would either be an Igloo or Coleman and some humidity beads.

Papachristou,
This is probably the best answer that you could have received from your question. I have the second humi that you posted, and I am actually looking at upgrading to a coolidor (or maybe a fridgeador). If you swallow what is left of your pride right now and stick around, you will find out that a humidor that hold 300 sticks will fill up very quickly.

So to answer your question, a cooler would be the way to go, and would be a lot less expensive that either humidor that you listed in your OP.

wtf is wrong with you guys? i ask a simple question and am open to reasonable suggestions. instead i get "yo bro we gots rulez here" and then three worthless replies. i didnt say other forums were lucky to have me as i have little to offer right now as i already said i am new to this hobby and am trying to learn. I did sa, they were infiintely more helpful and welcoming though

I gave you good advice. The money spent on a cooler and humidity beads would be about a third the amount you would spend on a fancy humidor. That leaves money in your pocket to buy cigars. If you really want a nice wooden humidor, sorry, I can't help you much there as I'm not too knowledgable about them. You can spend $50 on an ebay humidor or $2000 on some fancy shmansy one and they both might do the same exact job.

Now, I suggest you knock the chip off your shoulder, cool off, learn to write in proper grammar/punctuation (as it is a rule here), or leave.

The welcome might not be as warm and fuzzy as you expected, but if you take the time to read the responses and do your research you will see that the answers are helping you. You are the new guy to this place, so I don't think it is too much to ask that you follow the same rules and expectations that everybody else is held to. Proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuations are not only for you but for everybody here. In regards to your humidor, if you take the time to look at a cooler or igloo options you will understand it is the cheapest solution to your problem. That is unless you are looking for a humidor that is more for looks. I suggest you try out the search function as well as there is a lot of useful information.

Good luck. My suggestion is to not blow off CP as you will not find a better place.

Is your shift key broken? wtf?

:laugh:

BTW, go with the cooler dude. Unless you're trying to get something that looks nice in a viewable area, the Coleman placed in the coolest room of your home is the way to go. You'll never f..k with a seal, or humidity (get the beads), yada fng yada.

Also, get yourself an introduction in place and ease your way in.

See here: Edwin Starr

Both of those are crazy overpriced for what you are getting. IF you don't want something that looks fancy, and are just looking for the best cigar storage you can get then the cooler/heartfelt beads are the way to go, and with the money you save you can afford a nice box of cigars. If you have to have a nice looking, fancy desktop humidor, then check out THIS LINK!

Yes, we do ask people to follow our rules. The reason? If you stick around long enough you will realize this really is the best cigar community around, and has more information and generosity than you can possibly imagine. No, you are not writing an English paper, but you are dealing with adults, not teenage girls trading text messages...OMG, WTF, LOL! :laugh: But, if the guys on those other cigar boards are nicer guys, by all means feel free to stick around over there, and badmouth us. You'll find guys there that agree with you. Follow our rules, and stick around, you will find yourself not visiting there nearly as often.

Both of those are crazy overpriced for what you are getting. IF you don't want something that looks fancy, and are just looking for the best cigar storage you can get then the cooler/heartfelt beads are the way to go, and with the money you save you can afford a nice box of cigars. If you have to have a nice looking, fancy desktop humidor, then check out THIS LINK!

Yes, we do ask people to follow our rules. The reason? If you stick around long enough you will realize this really is the best cigar community around, and has more information and generosity than you can possibly imagine. No, you are not writing an English paper, but you are dealing with adults, not teenage girls trading text messages...OMG, WTF, LOL! :laugh: But, if the guys on those other cigar boards are nicer guys, by all means feel free to stick around over there, and badmouth us. You'll find guys there that agree with you. Follow our rules, and stick around, you will find yourself not visiting there nearly as often.

^ This.

Look guys, i dont want an igloo in my living room. It just doesnt look as nice as a nice wood humidor. I appreciate the fact that it is cheap and easy but im OK with spending a couple hundred bucks for a semi decent humidor. Cheaphumidors actually sells the treasure dome humidor for $150 and i can get it from another site for about $100. I got my desktop humi from them.

So what do you suggest for a 200+ count wood humi?

OMG and LOL are defintely for teenage girls. (and i used neither) WTF is slightly nicer than typing it out;. Just very frustrated with everyone telling me to make a coolidor. it is on the first page so if i wanted that, i would have already gone that route.

Papa, I'm glad you are still around.

First, welcome to CP. Your entering baptism was indeed by fire, but some folks have a hair trigger and believe in rules is rules. Now me, I'm still a newbie with a year plus here, and because I'm a dog (pugman), I love a little easier than some (I even roll over and wag my tail when my back isn't killing me).

First, just let me add, your filling in your profile is just good manners and lets us know you are here, your skills, specialities and likes are etc. It also gives some of us a place to mail a welcoming gift to, or at least know what your tastes are. Nuff said.

Now what started all this chit was your simple question about a humidor. I'm going to try a different approach. You mentioned it being in your living room, so the igloo presents the ascetics problem. Four weeks ago I was using a vinodor, but one of the two storage areas went out, so I did what you are trying to do, buy a dang humidor.

You went to the right place, CheapHumidors, as one of our brothers here works for them (at least he did). What you should be giving the thought to, is do you really enjoy smoking a cigar. If you do, in your price range you can buy a 300 count San Marco for $189. I happened to buy that exact one with a defect (still can't find the defect), but I paid $149. You really want to leverage your bang for the buck because you will quickly find that what sounds like a heck of a lot of space, seems to get full in a hurry. I happen to enjoy a smaller smoke, so I see more cigars, but if you enjoy 52 - 54 ring smokes, you will eat into that space.

An that's that! Oh, by the way, I to was re-baptised here for not understanding and taking too much to heart. Don't let thet get in the way of a possible great relationship between us and you. The gang here is amazing beyond your wildest thoughts, they are enlightened (I like to call them wizards) and could probably pass a test by Padron or Fuente. We have one brother that has so much Scotch knowledge, we have to keep his passport on file here. The list goes on as to skills and useful information, but the cigar knowledge is second to none..

Be looking for you.

Woof (pugman)