• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best 3 online cigar retailers?

If you ever have a question or need some help, just ask us. We’re all here to help, and promote the brotherhood of cigars.

These are the last two sentences in the newbie intro guide Rod posted. Maybe some of you guys should go back over and read it once more. This community is supposed to be friendly and helpful.

Nobody here is defending this guy. He doesn't need any defense . . . nothing is wrong with his request. He has followed the rules and he has asked for help. Now I read that he's being rude. While I agree that asking for the best deal would be rude, I guess I need to have my eyes checked, because I have read and re-read the original post and have yet to see where the guy asked anything related to finding the best "deals."

I also don't see anything about not being able to discuss/debate things. To the contrary, I'm pretty sure those intros posted by Rod discuss the fact that this is an adult community that allows freedom and exchange of speech/opinions.

If you ever have a question or need some help, just ask us. We’re all here to help, and promote the brotherhood of cigars.

These are the last two sentences in the newbie intro guide Rod posted. Maybe some of you guys should go back over and read it once more. This community is supposed to be friendly and helpful.

Nobody here is defending this guy. He doesn't need any defense . . . nothing is wrong with his request. He has followed the rules and he has asked for help. Now I read that he's being rude. While I agree that asking for the best deal would be rude, I guess I need to have my eyes checked, because I have read and re-read the original post and have yet to see where the guy asked anything related to finding the best "deals."

I also don't see anything about not being able to discuss/debate things. To the contrary, I'm pretty sure those intros posted by Rod discuss the fact that this is an adult community that allows freedom and exchange of speech/opinions.

Would you give him your vendor for Habanos, if he asked?

To add, this isn't a simple question. You won't see this kind of reaction, if someone asks Cello on or Cello off? You're not going to see people object to someone asking why their humidity is shit in their humidor. Those are questions and many many people will help out and give their opinion.

You're not getting it and I don't think you're willing to give up the fight. What was asked isn't a simple question, if it was he could have easily found hundreds of vendors by an easy Google search. I just did one and guess what, numerous retailers popped up, in fact 71,300 pages contain those words.

You do not show up to a cigar board and ask, "What are your Best 3 Online Retailers", period.

Nope . . . that's what the source rule prevents.

Source rules are out in public, if he sent you a PM asking for your vendor, would you give it to him?

Maybe I'm out of line here, but this is my opinion. I've seen this over and over again, people join up and right off the bat ask for the moon. It gets tiresome. let's make a bet on how long he sticks around, I say less then 4 months.

To add, this isn't a simple question. You won't see this kind of reaction, if someone asks Cello on or Cello off? You're not going to see people object to someone asking why their humidity is shit in their humidor. Those are questions and many many people will help out and give their opinion.

You're not getting it and I don't think you're willing to give up the fight. What was asked isn't a simple question, if it was he could have easily found hundreds of vendors by an easy Google search. I just did one and guess what, numerous retailers popped up, in fact 71,300 pages contain those words.

You do not show up to a cigar board and ask, "What are your Best 3 Online Retailers", period.

Nope . . . that's what the source rule prevents.

Source rules are out in public, if he sent you a PM asking for your vendor, would you give it to him?

Maybe I'm out of line here, but this is my opinion. I've seen this over and over again, people join up and right off the bat ask for the moon. It gets tiresome. let's make a bet on how long he sticks around, I say less then 4 months.

You are right, but it did not need to start a war. You could be funny and write. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cigars :laugh:

Brandon, no I wouldn't in a PM unless I got to know him. Look, I'm not trying to argue with you. We can agree to disagree. Obviously, there is a difference of opinion here, both FOG and FNG alike.

However, it is apparent that the issues are deeper than this guy or this post. That was the reason for my original request to you concerning discussing the real issues. I think most are willing to have an intelligent and respectful discussion, but that does not include "STFU you noob" or "that's the way it is . . . end of debate."

Brandon, no I wouldn't in a PM unless I got to know him. Look, I'm not trying to argue with you. We can agree to disagree. Obviously, there is a difference of opinion here, both FOG and FNG alike.

However, it is apparent that the issues are deeper than this guy or this post. That was the reason for my original request to you concerning discussing the real issues. I think most are willing to have an intelligent and respectful discussion, but that does not include "STFU you noob" or "that's the way it is . . . end of debate."

"Dulanney, don't try to justify what is not an accepted practice here. I'm sure the guy was just asking, but we need to stop, look and listen before we answer."

I posted that in a previous post, it was meant to stop your debate on the subject apparently you want to continue. The real subject is you just got here and you seem to think that you are the know all and be all of the community that is CP. You quote the rules like scripture and tell us that there is more than meets the eyes. Well the rules say to help others as a community it doesn't mean come in put your feet on my coffee table and start making googoo eyes at my wife. Is it clearer now?

I don't understand most of you guys, show some respect when someone asks you to be mindful of what we have here. I repeat this is not a debating society. If you don't like the community the way it is move on. This is getting tiresome especially from people that have been here less than a year and have all the answers!

Tone, the only person I see here talking like they are the "know all and be all" is you. You can get mad and stomp at that statement if you wish, but most adults don't respond very well to being spoken to like a troublesome child. Luckily, this community is a whole lot larger than you and most others don't share your opinions. They also understand that being afforded respect is a byproduct of showing some.

edit for typos

By all means I want them to get business, but that's not my issue. People have to put in their dues, before they'll get any handouts from me.

I have to agree with Tom and it's ridiculous.

X2

Nothing against the newbie, he didn't know. But it dilutes the "family" environment when the kingdom is open to any who ask.

It also dilutes the friendliness of this environment when people can't ask a simple cigar related question, and not get flamed. It's not like he asked for cc sources.

Keith

Tone, the only person I see here talking like they are the "know all and be all" is you. You can get mad and stomp at that statement if you wish, but most adults don't respond very well to being spoken too like a troublesome child. Luckily, this community is a whole lot larger than you and most others don't share your opinions. They also understand that being afforded respect is a byproduct of showing some.

Well I guess you told me!

Respect is earned not by word but by deed. When you have as much time and effort invested in CP as I and others here have, then get back to me. You just got here and you want me to grovel at your feet, it doesn't work that way. I'm sorry you feel that way, but quite a few do share my viewpoint.

[/quote]

It also dilutes the friendliness of this environment when people can't ask a simple cigar related question, and not get flamed. It's not like he asked for cc sources.

Keith
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

This could go on forever without resolution, but the answer to the new guy is simply "Search is your friend". It enables them (noobs) to get an answer and also teaches a lesson to all that reads the response. It worked for me. JMHO

Ken

Tone, the only person I see here talking like they are the "know all and be all" is you. You can get mad and stomp at that statement if you wish, but most adults don't respond very well to being spoken too like a troublesome child. Luckily, this community is a whole lot larger than you and most others don't share your opinions. They also understand that being afforded respect is a byproduct of showing some.

Respect is earned not by word but by deed. When you have as much time and effort invested in CP as I and others here have, then get back to me. You just got here and you want me to grovel at your feet, it doesn't work that way. I'm sorry you feel that way, but quite a few do share my viewpoint.

Tone, I'm not asking you to grovel at my feet and I'm not trying to tell you anything. However, I care nothing for being spoken to like a dog and I am sure you don't either. We are grown adults here and are supposed to be Brothers of the Leaf. Can't we discuss things as such?

Lee I've discussed this briefly with you before. And imo, you keep taking it way to far. Quoting rules to people who have been here for years??? Are you serious??? This is the exact lack of respect that has driven people away, regardless if you choose to see it that way or not.

Tone, I'm not asking you to grovel at my feet and I'm not trying to tell you anything. However, I care nothing for being spoken to like a dog and I am sure you don't either. We are grown adults here and are supposed to be Brothers of the Leaf. Can't we discuss things as such?

Myself and many others here don't see where Anthony spoke to you like a "dog". He's merely pointed out the fact to you that there are rules here, spoken and unspoken.
One of those unwritten rules happens to be that you don't give someone the golden key after the first couple of post they make. By all means, be friendly, help them out if they have questions like Brandon posed about humidity, or cello.
The only thing that is being pointed out to you (without much luck) is where the line is. You wouldn't want a neighbor friend to walk into your house and start raiding the refrigerator the first couple of times they were a guest at your house would you? Maybe after a relationship developed and this guy had earned your trust and respect, you'd just understand that your beer was his when he was over. Sure, you'd gladly tell him how to fix that leaky pipe before you get to that point, but that's as far as it goes.
Kind of the same thing here is all that everyone's trying to say. Make these guys pay their dues, including you and me. Make sure they're going to stick around and contribute before giving out the best retailers, etc.
No one's telling you to STFU, just asking you to think about what you do...............You'll be the first to get all pissed when you can't find that special release of Tatuaje's that the one week wonder who hasn't been around in a year got, thanks to you guys that know it all.

I apologize to you if my simple words treated you indifferently.

But, don't expect anything further from me after this exchange.

I have never expected or asked anything of you other than common courtesy. Keep your backhanded apology.

I have never expected or asked anything of you other than common courtesy. Keep your backhanded apology.
It's amazing that you still don't get it. Since John's analogy about a neighbor walking in your house and taking a beer didn't resonate with you maybe this will. If a new guy moves into your town and starts telling you who has lived there for years I'm going to piss on your lawn because I don't like the law stating I can't! What do you do? Do you tell him we have that law for a reason, or do you say ok you can destroy my well manicured lawn that I mow and seed and take care of because you disagree with our laws?

You have come on to Tone_NY and others property and are pissing on their lawn!

The guys who have been here for years have helped shape thi place and establish rules for a reason. If you or I or anyone doesn't like it we ar all free to log out and not come back!

Lee....come on man, you are wrong here.

Your point is wrong...

Your tact with Tony is wrong....

And since BKsinAZ has never been back to complain about being treated badly indicates that he probably understands his initial error and it's no big deal.

Sit back, relax, smoke a good one, and let this drop.