• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best band of all time?

The Talking Heads by a hair.

The Doors.

Simple Minds and Japan tied for third place.

Bob Marley & The Wailers, Wire, The Clash, Siouxsie & The Banshees.

King Crimson, Afro-Celt Sound System.

<Edit>

OMG. I'm older than dirt aren't I?

</Edit>

First would be the Rolling Stones

Second would be the Beatles

Third would be U2

No one has mentioned the Steve Miller Band... Everyone loves the Steve Miller Band! :thumbs:

Best name --> Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs

Some of my faves:

7. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
6. Miles Davis Quintet
5. Queen
4. Neil Young and Crazy Horse
3. Pink Floyd
2. U2

and THE best:

The Clash

Tough decision.

I can be in the worst mood and put on Dark Side of the Moon and everything becomes right again.

Kansas is a favorite, being from Kansas makes it obvious, but I enjoy the spiritualism of the lyrics and the funky time signatures of the music. The two together really move me (ahh ain't that sweet).

For just get down and dirty RnR, it is really hard to beat Van Halen (the first two incarnations anyway).

Allen

Cream, CCR, SRV was unreal, doors, sublime, Live (if you've ever seen thier "unplugged"...it was great), bob marley, Hendrix of course, oingo boingo! hah

anybody ever heard of John Nitzinger?

I used to think Floyd hands down...then the wife introduced me to Zep.

Now I think Zep questions asked, so much so that my wife walked down the aisle to Bron-Yr-Aur

Everyone knows Social Distortion is the best rock band ever. But I have a soft spot in my heart for Black Sabbath and Prince.

Matty_Vegas said:
and Prince.
[snapback]223296[/snapback]​
:0 :0 :0
pinkpants.gif

I just saw Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden play together and it was awesome. It was an honor to see those greats on stage once again!
rockdevil.gif

Oh. And the best band to listen to while I am cruising down the road on my Harley RoadGlide is MOLLY HATCHET! :thumbs: :thumbs:

IgwanaRob said:
wam79 said:
The Ramones  :D

Bill
[snapback]206123[/snapback]​

At least someone knows their history ;)
[snapback]206313[/snapback]​
Has anyone heard of Alice Cooper? Not mentioned once. He changed the Live show forever. IMHO.

Some of my favorites are the following:

Yes

Led Zep

Pink Floyd

David Bowie

Jeff Beck

Santana

Mahavishnu Orchestra

Doors

Jimi

Who

Rolling Stones