• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best cigar to smoke at a golf tourney?

seadub

advertise here
Going to the Northern Trust Open tomorrow at Riv and can't figure out what I should light up. Any suggestions?

If I'm really trying I prefer a lighter, longer smoke for the course. AF Double Chateau Fuente hits the spot for me. If it's just fuggin' around, hell, grab some LFD power houses.

Didn't you tell me you had decided to exclusively smoke Esplendidos for the rest of your life? Baller.

Are you a spectator or a participant? If I were a participant, I would suggest something that doesn't require a lot of thought. If you are going to be a spectator, I would smoke one of my go to higher end sticks.

When I get to hit the course, I don't like to smoke anything too nice because you never know when the thing may fall out or you leave it on the golf cart and drive off. One cigar that I really enjoy on the golf course is the Famous Nic 3000. Usually the double robusto I think. They are big smokes and burn pretty well. Decent flavor and not too much strength. This might be a little below the standards of a Cali boy, but they work well for those of us in Arkansas who play barefoot and shirtless. :p

Brandon

This is my take on it. Playing Golf requires you to put the cigar down at times. It is outdoors, and windy. This is a perfect scenario for multiple relights. In my opinion, short and/or mixed filler cigars are much more forgiving to relights. So, something with a stout wrapper, like a broadleaf, if possible. I especially like the Fuente offerings for this.