• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best humi in the $500 hundred range?

Jan Primus

I'm gonna be in the market for a desk top humi to hold 100-150 cigars. Realistically I would like it to comfortably hold 3-4 boxes of 50ish guage smokes..I value performance as much as aesthetics, so far I have my eye on Daniel Marshall and Siglo, both seem to have the looks and quality. Anyone have any knowledge/ezperience with these? The search came up with little. thanks JP.

IMHO any 150 count humi. that cost 500 bones better be damn good so I am sure you can't go wrong with either of those mentioned. I am a cheaphumidor.com type o' guy, better yet give me an igloo and some beeds. :p

Good luck in your search

Take a look at the one Ironworker got herehere - more capacity than you're looking for, but a an incredible price for what you're getting and well within your price range.

For exceptional work you should contact Arlin Liss here. Not cheap but a design that is your very own.

IgwanaRob said:
Take a look at the one Ironworker got herehere - more capacity than you're looking for, but a an incredible price for what you're getting and well within your price range.
[snapback]200076[/snapback]​

I'm considering this since I can get an oasis humidification system as well and still be within my budget...but I'm worried I won't be able to fill this baby up (considering the price of cigars in Canada). I don't like the look of a very empty humi.

AVB said:
For exceptional work you should contact Arlin Liss here. Not cheap but a design that is your very own.
[snapback]200120[/snapback]​

These look great but well out of my $$ range,

Jan Primus said:
IgwanaRob said:
[snapback]200076[/snapback]​

I'm considering this since I can get an oasis humidification system as well and still be within my budget...but I'm worried I won't be able to fill this baby up (considering the price of cigars in Canada). I don't like the look of a very empty humi.
[snapback]200194[/snapback]​

I'd go with a couple pounds of beads from Heartfelt instead of the Oasis - cheaper and more reliable IMO. Although the air circulation of the higher end models do make them more attractive. As far as filling it, you can get some great bundles that work out well even after higher shipping costs (Atlantic as Flor De Oliva's for $25/bundle of 25, and Quorums are $13-19/20). In a pinch, nobody will be able to tell if you stick a bunch of empty boxes on the bottom for looks ;)

$500 is right in the middle for a desktop humidor, IMO. You can get a nice humidor for much less or you can get a beautiful one, such a the Liss, for much more. I think unless you are going all out you are wasting you money if you spend more than $250.00.

cigarsarge said:
Make a coolidor. Spend the rest on cigars. :thumbs:
...that'd be my vote, unless you want to buy some really fine woodworking.

I've got a "Cheap Humidors" Milano. For ~$46.00 it's a dandy, IMHO. Get a coolerdor running for "overflow" storage and you've got the best of both worlds. That's what I have at home and I'm really happy with the way it's working out...other than the fact that the damn cooler is full.... :whistling:

No question that these are more or less "economy" humis but mine looks great and seals just fine. If it's woodworking you're after, any of the named folks above have some spectacular products.

FWIW - B.B.S.

I talked to the guy at cheaphumidors when I was going to buy a different humidor than the one I got because I had to wait like a month because it was on back order. They told me for the money you couldn't beat the one I got anywhere period.

As far as filling it up. Don't worry about that. Go to your local cigar shop and buy some empty boxes and put your perdomo overruns in them and still look cool. ;)

Take a look at what I got these killer Perdomo gars for here just stay on Cbid and buy the items like this and buy some empty boxes if your short on cash.

I have like 9 boxes of cigars in my humidor right now and I can't see putting more than another 6-7 boxes at the most before its full.

When they say the humidor holds 30 boxes or whatever cut that in half because the boxes there talking about are like the San Cristobal El Pricipal boxes.

1-1/2" thick by 8" long by 5 " wide

Ironworker...I've been thinkin of your humi lately and am leaning in that direction. My only thing holdin me back is the fact that, at this point, I don't se me needing to store more than a few boxes...on the other hand, my Dad goes to Cuba twice a year and others could help me out...now I'm wonderin about the beads vs oasis humidification issue, beads are getting lotsa love here.

I am using the Oasis Plus and it seems to kick ass. My humidor is still new so I have a bowl of water 2 jars of beads plus the Oasis turned up on high.

I waited 3-1/2 days before setting the boxes of cigars inside but would have waited longer if I didn't have all the other stuff providing humidification.

Here is what its starting to look like. PICS

Good luck with your choose.

Rich

Well, I can definitely vouch for the quality of Daniel Marshall's work.

In my opinion, and apparently Cigar Aficionado's too, they hold their own just fine up against the most pricey boxes by other makers.

cigarsarge said:
[snapback]200244[/snapback]​

I have to agree.

If you are going to spend $500 on a humidor, get a cabinet. You just don't get much humidor for the money if you go desktop. There are cabinets out there that you could get for $350 and still have some $$$ for cigars.

cigardawg said:
cigarsarge said:

I have to agree.

If you are going to spend $500 on a humidor, get a cabinet. You just don't get much humidor for the money if you go desktop. There are cabinets out there that you could get for $350 and still have some $$$ for cigars.
[snapback]201877[/snapback]​

The coolider doesn't appeal to me, looks count. I just don't see myself needing more than a good sized desk top. I've heard a humi should be closer to full than empty to function properly as well.

Jan Primus said:
cigardawg said:
cigarsarge said:

I have to agree.

The coolider doesn't appeal to me, looks count. I just don't see myself needing more than a good sized desk top. I've heard a humi should be closer to full than empty to function properly as well.
[snapback]202180[/snapback]​
I have a DM Treasure Chest. Not only is it a craftsman's work of art, it's function is absolute phenomenal. About 8 months ago I removed the foam from the humidifier and replaced it with 65% beads - since then I've recharged the beads ONE TIME. I have China made humidors that I have to recharge about every 6 weeks (only counting the China boxes that actually seal). There is absolutely no comparison between my DM and any China made box I own or have owned. . .

Jan Primus said:
cigardawg said:
cigarsarge said:

I have to agree.

[snapback]202180[/snapback]​

That's fine, but mark my words...YOU WILL OUTGROW IT. Then, you'll be looking for another humidor. :p