• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best overall Padron...your opinion.

Truckingtiger

OK...since I started this monster of a hobby last week, I have had three Padron's on one CAO. The Padrons I had were the 2000 (my first), 3000 (2nd) and a 6000 today. I have a Londres in the truck for later tonight or tomorrow. Now, I LOVED the 2000, liked the 3000 a lot, but it was kind of bitter to me...and LOVED the 6000 today. The 6000 was sweeter than either of the rest. I would have to put my favs so far as the 2000 and 6000 in a dead heat with the 3000 bringing up the rear.

Which Padron do YOU like best, and which would you, in your opinion, suggest I try next? I know this is subjective but Id like to hear your favorite.

I'm not 100% clear on this myself but aren't the x000 series the same filler, binder, and wrapper but in different vitolas? I imagine the ratio of binder and wrapper to filler in the different cigars would make a difference in the smoke and the different lengths would cause the tobaccos to cure or cook slightly differently as you smoke a cigar down but they should basically be the same. I'm really asking the gallery, if this statement is correct, to piggy back on Tiger's question actually.

OK...since I started this monster of a hobby last week, I have had three Padron's on one CAO. The Padrons I had were the 2000 (my first), 3000 (2nd) and a 6000 today. I have a Londres in the truck for later tonight or tomorrow. Now, I LOVED the 2000, liked the 3000 a lot, but it was kind of bitter to me...and LOVED the 6000 today. The 6000 was sweeter than either of the rest. I would have to put my favs so far as the 2000 and 6000 in a dead heat with the 3000 bringing up the rear.

Which Padron do YOU like best, and which would you, in your opinion, suggest I try next? I know this is subjective but Id like to hear your favorite.

This is not OK, please don't do this. Apostrophes show ownership or indicate a removed letter in a contraction.

Try any and all Padrons, you won't be disappointed.

In order disregarding price my top 5 would probably be something like:
1) Padron Millennium natural
2) Padron 1926 #35 (either wrapper)
3) Padron 45th (either wrapper)
4) Padron 1964 Monarca (maduro)
5) Padron 80th (natural)

I'm not 100% clear on this myself but aren't the x000 series the same filler, binder, and wrapper but in different vitolas?
....that's my understanding.

Favorite Padron? Well, Millenniums, 45ths (maduro), and 80ths (maduro and natural) are pretty amazing smokes.....;)

Though, the PAM 64 Torpedo is less expensive and very fine smoke as well. 2K's and 3K's are even less expensive and very hard to beat for the price.

I have "all of the above" in my humidor. I think Padron is probably the best overall line up of cigars there is today.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.

I'm not 100% clear on this myself but aren't the x000 series the same filler, binder, and wrapper but in different vitolas?

Favorite Padron? Well, Millenniums, 45ths (maduro), and 80ths (maduro and natural) are pretty amazing smokes.....;)

Though, the PAM 64 Torpedo is less expensive and very fine smoke as well. 2K's and 3K's are even less expensive and very hard to beat for the price.

I have "all of the above" in my humidor. I think Padron is probably the best overall line up of cigars there is today.

Same here...but IMO, the BEST overall Padron is the 45 Maduro. For the price of ONE Millenium, Ill pick up a couple 45s anyday of the week. That being said, I thought the Millies were phenomenal.

For me my top 5 going from top to bottom...mind you I've never had the Millenium experience...would be:

1. Padron Serie 1926 40 Anniversary
2. Padron Serie 1926 No. 6
3. Padron Serie 1926 80 Years
4. Padron Serie 1926 No. 9
5. Padron 1964 Anniversary Series A

I pefer the maduro wrappers to the natural on all Padrons. For me that are night and day.

I agree with this Tom. I smoke a good variety of stuff but frankly if I had to stick with just one marca Padron would probably be it. They age great and smoke great young, which can't be said of a lot of other stuff out there (especially stuff that is readily available).

Padron's are one of my favorite cigars!
I pretty much love them all, however for all festive or special occasions I would recommend picking up on of their Anniversary Series (1964 and 1926).
Smooth and flavorful! Give the 1926 #9 a go, this is in my opinion the best of their 1926! or if you are in a rush grab a short 1926 #35.
Now if its very very special occasion get a 45th 1964 don't wast you cash on a 80th! the 45th is the best!
I have yet to try the 44th...

So if the filler, wrapper, and tobacco are the same, what would cause the difference in the taste? Age? Could the bitterness have come from one being aged a bit more than the other? Could it have been a bad stick?

So if the filler, wrapper, and tobacco are the same, what would cause the difference in the taste? Age? Could the bitterness have come from one being aged a bit more than the other? Could it have been a bad stick?
Yes to all of your questions. Clear enough? :laugh:

My favourites (so far) are the Family Reserve No.45 Maduro, 1926 #6, and 1964 Exclusive Maduro.

There is an index to all of the reviews posted on CP (HERE). Some of the reviews might help you to make you choices. Good luck!

The ratios between binder, filler, and wrapper leaf will be different which would make quite a difference in the way they taste.

Now if its very very special occasion get a 45th 1964 don't waste your cash on a 80th! the 45th is the best!
As good as the 80s are I wouldn't call it wasting money :p

I like them both!
...yeah, no kidding. If that's the case, I have a couple boxes of "wasted money" in my cabinet right now.....;)

Other cigar companies out there have tried to make Nicaraguan puros made up of the same ingredients as Padrons....tobacco from Jalapa, Esteli, and Condega. SOme have even advertised that they use tobacco from those 3 regions. However, NONE come even close to a Padron.

Padron's are one of my favorite cigars!
I pretty much love them all, however for all festive or special occasions I would recommend picking up on of their Anniversary Series (1964 and 1926).
Smooth and flavorful! Give the 1926 #9 a go, this is in my opinion the best of their 1926! or if you are in a rush grab a short 1926 #35.
Now if its very very special occasion get a 45th 1964 don't wast you cash on a 80th! the 45th is the best!
I have yet to try the 44th...

Stop it!

Back