• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Value Bourbon

andy1

Which are the best bourbons for the money?

Lately when I've been going for value price while not sacrificing flavor, I've been going with Jim Beam Black. I also think that Bulleit can be a nice value bourbon.

Actually, I enjoy Fighting Cock, albeit it a tad harsh. Great with a bit of ice and it's cheap!

When money is flowing, I'm always game for Maker's Mark and upon special occasion, I venture towards Elmer Lee or Blantons.

Fighting Cock?! Eeeewww!

A bourbon that comes to mind as relatively inexpensive but really good is Four Roses Small Batch.

Evan Williams 1783 is the best value in Bourbon period. 10 years old, 86 proof, and under $15 almost everywhere. This is seriously good stuff, see my review.

I'd just add Buffalo Trace on that list. My go-to, thanks to AVB's review.

2nd Buffalo Trace also enjoy Eagle Rare 10, Elijah Craig and Woodfrod reserve for some nice Bourbons at a lower price point.

Rip Van Winkle 10 year olds or the Van Winkle 12 when you can find it......

Evan Williams 1783 is the best value in Bourbon period. 10 years old, 86 proof, and under $15 almost everywhere. This is seriously good stuff, see my review.

I'm about done with my EW Single Barrel and have really enjoyed it. One of the stores in my area has the 1783 so I think I'll give that a go as my next bottle. I can't wait to drink deep fried pork rinds. :D ( I know these weren't your words Ray, but I found it funny.) The WT 101 has been my favorite everyday pour but if the 1783 is even close, the price point might edge it ahead of the WT.

I'll have to 3nd Buffalo Trace and the ER 10. Also try Wild Turkey 101 and Bulliet.

D

I'll have to 3nd Buffalo Trace and the ER 10. Also try Wild Turkey 101 and Bulliet.

D
....you wrote my post for me. Don't have any experience with ER10 but Buffalo Trace and WT101 are staples around my casa. Bulliet is good, not as good as the other two, IMHO.

Rene,

Any chance you could post some pic of this. I've never heard of it and my google-fu must be weak 'cause I can't find it.

Old Barnstow Estate (the 10YO) DELICIOUS!

Rene

@AVB linky: http://www.whiskykoning.nl/assortiment/snfoto.asp?f=1&picname=../../graphics/506/506ob148.jpg
This where I buy my drams!

Can take a picture of the empty bottle, did not throw it away jet lmk if interested!

(edit)I believe that if stock runs out there is no more of this fantastic Bourbon!

Rene

Yes, please do. If you can get a good pic of the front and back labels.

@AVB linky: http://www.whiskykoning.nl/assortiment/snfoto.asp?f=1&picname=../../graphics/506/506ob148.jpg
This where I buy my drams!

Can take a picture of the empty bottle, did not throw it away jet lmk if interested!

(edit)I believe that if stock runs out there is no more of this fantastic Bourbon!

Rene

I'm headed to Louisville this Wed-Sat. Can't wait to try some of these.

I enjoy Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark, etc. I had 4 Roses when I was there last year but can't remember which one.

Looking forward to trying a few more this year.

BR

Sorry for the thread hijack!

@AVB here are the pictures:

rechts.jpg

OBvoorkant.jpg

OBErear.jpg

OBEfront.jpg

OBEetiketachter.jpg

Links.jpg

Have fun!

Rene, (I will have to get a new bottle)

He probably meant:

Kentucky Old Bardstown Estate Bourbon

Looks to be about $30 a bottle. http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1037624

He probably meant:

Kentucky Old Bardstown Estate Bourbon

Looks to be about $30 a bottle. http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1037624

Thats the one! But the bottle says Old Barnstow Estate..................
Its worth every penny so grab it while you can!

Rene

Buffalo Trace is my go to value bourbon and it cant be beat in my opinion. The only problem is its a pain in the ass to get due to me having to cross state lines to find because apparently Buffalo Trace doesn't value the bourbon drinkers in NJ.

Thanks Rene, I know what it is now.