• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best way to drain a Little Buddy lighter?

SyrLinus

Virtualized Security Geek
I've been having problems with my Little Buddy lighter and will need to send it in for repair. What's the best way to drain a torch lighter?

Push in the valve on the bottom(not covering the hole when you do it) and bleed out the air/gas.

I use a small philips screwdriver. Not sure, cause I've never looked at it with a magnifier, but believe the cross allows for venting.

Bleeding through the jet may help clean out the lighter.

I did bleed out through the base using a small screwdriver but there was a small bit I couldn't get. So I just opened the feed, locked it in place and let it drain that way. It's complete empty now. Thanks all for the suggestions (for some reason I was thinking there was some other way to do this because Blazer had said .."Just open it and drain it out of the bottom"

I just can't believe this whole thread came and went without someone making a "well, when I need to drain MY little buddy . . . " post. :laugh:

What's happened to us? :sign:

~Boar

I just can't believe this whole thread came and went without someone making a "well, when I need to drain MY little buddy . . . " post. :laugh:

~Boar
My thoughts exactly Boar....but as most of us would attest to (other than you I guess), "Little Buddy" would have to be changed to "Big Buddy". :whistling:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK, I also shake the lighter, then depress the fill nozzle, several times. Each time you shake and depress, you will notice that the lighter evacuates more gas. Keep doing that until no more hissing. If you hold it up to your ear, you can sometimes hear that gas is still lightly coming out.

Wow, I shouldn't respond to threads until I've had more coffee. That was difficult to get coherent.

OK, I also shake the lighter, then depress the fill striker, several times. Each time you shake and depress, you will notice that the lighter evacuates more gas. Keep doing that until no more hissing. If you hold it up to your ear, you can sometimes hear that gas is still lightly coming out.

Wow, I shouldn't respond to threads until I've had more coffee. That was difficult to get coherent.

Says the Monk with the burned ear...

Trey

OK, I also shake the lighter, then depress the fill striker, several times. Each time you shake and depress, you will notice that the lighter evacuates more gas. Keep doing that until no more hissing. If you hold it up to your ear, you can sometimes hear that gas is still lightly coming out.

Says the Monk with the burned ear...

Trey

Huh? :D

~Boar
My thoughts exactly Boar....but as most of us would attest to (other than you I guess), "Little Buddy" would have to be changed to "Big Buddy". :whistling:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I stopped lyin' to myself (and everyone else) decades and decades ago . . . guess not everyone has! ;)

~Boar

I thought everything was bigger in Texas. Guess there's always an exception.

Doc.