• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BGarv3 - where are you?

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
Hey Bill, where are you? Sent you PMs and emails for your participation in the PIF. We're still waiting.

Anyone know Bill or where he is?

I have his address and phone number from when he was in my pass. I called the phone number and left a message; it went straight to voice mail. Not the best sign. If I hear back from him, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
- C

Bill (BGarv3) replied via email...

Mike,

I appologize for the delay, I only have email access on my cell so I got your email. I think cigarsarge sent me a PM earlier this week but I wasnt able to respond to it!!! I had to make an emergency trip to Louisiana last week. I still own a couple houses and two businesses down here and Rita got us this round. I guess I made it out fairly lucky as I only lost a roof on a barn, a bunch of shingles off two houses, 1 hurricane fence through another house and broken windows and such in the businesses, although, being the main showroom from the electronics shop was blown out just about everything in the showroom was a total loss(including two show cars).

It is really nasty down here and we did not get anywhere near the winds and rain they did in the coastal areas since we are about 60 miles from Lake Charles(Right around Ft Polk, LA). The power is out and they are saying anywhere from 4-8 weeks to get things restored in some remote areas(Like my farm). I believe my grandmother made out the worst in the storm losing miles of fencing that held all her cattle at bay, but we found most of the cattle not far from home losing only about 150 head.

I will get everything out this weekend that I owe with bonus sticks for the delay! Feel free to post any part of this that may ease the tensions around the board as I DO NOT want anyone to think I have pulled a disappearring act with the sticks and I WILL make ammends once I return to PA this weekend.

I am hoping this gets to you since it is a, from my cell - b, cell service is sporatic at best down here - c, has to route through my PC in PA for the mail service and d, I am not having the best of luck it seems this week with anything involving communicating with the world outside of Louisiana.

Thanks a million.

Bill

PS is there anyway to contact the Cigar Pool Admin and let them know what is up I am fairly sure I owe sticks for the last drawing as well. I am hoping to find a generator today because I am going on a mission to locate one and maybe I can get a laptop up and running tonight or at the airport tomorrow evening.
I told him not to worry about the sticks he owes. I've got him covered in the meantime. He's got more important stuff to deal with right now.

Glad to know he is OK. There are not many excuses for not making good on obligations but Bill has an extremely valid one. I wish him good luck in dealing with his tragedy.

I just made a trip to eastern Texas and saw many people in the same situation as him. If you haven't seen it first hand you just can't comprehend what is going on there.

I wanted to give an update to all since I saw this post.

I returned over the weekend and have begun getting packages in order to go out ASAP. It was a great relief to hear that things kept moving and now I just have to make it up to the great BOTLs on this board.

On the storm front, I have to go back toward Thankgiving to complete the rebuilding process for a few of the nonessential structures that were tore apart but everyone has a place to live at the moment. The grandmothers house was the major concern as most of the other properties were either vacation homes or like myself, I have a second home in LA that is only used by family from out of town or myself when I am in town. When I go back in November I get to rebuild a Barn used to store hay and feed for my grandmothers livestock, do some minor repairs on a few aunts/uncles places and replace the electric drop/service on my house. And ATTEMPT to repair a few ham radio repeater stations for the HAM radio club down there.

On a humorous note we had a trailer that was used by a farmhand(pronounced jack off) on our farm. This thing was 16x80 and the guy that lived in it had built an addition on it. Before the storm he packed his stuff up and skipped town. NOW, I do not blame him for wanting to get away from the storm, BUT he and his family has been living with us for over 15 years. We pay him a nice monthly salary and he gets to keep his livestock on the farm with ours and lives in the trailer completely free. This trailer WAS about 500 yards from my 88 yr. old grandmother's house. He just left her there and to make me even more pissed he used HER truck to skip town. The humorous part.....

We have roughly 5500 acres between all of us that is partially cleared and partially wooded. Some is swamp land but not to the point the cattle can get through it. WE STILL CAN'T FIND HIS TRAILER! Best guess at this point is it is in one of the three ponds that are now the size of lakes. He stopped in to get an idea of what damage was done by the storm where my brother, who just doesn't have a way with words, explained to him the he had about 10 minutes to locate HIS truck and HIS belongings and find the highway. Actually I was told it was something along the lines of...

"let me find my gun and you're getting shot in the ass for leaving my grandmother here"

SO other than a few roof repairs and a few head of cattle we made out really well in the storm. At first it is just mind blowing what can and did happen. I found that as I drove around the areas down there I/my family/my friends, we got off VERY lucky. Yes we had damage that can be considered major, yes we lost some cattle...my grandmother's primary source of income. BUT we did not lose a family member and no homes with the exception of the trailer. So there was ALOT I could be thankful for on my visit and coming home to find my friends here at CP have not strung me up yet was another thing I could be thankful for!

Now I'm going to smoke something since I havn't since I left PA a few weeks ago.

Thanks again everyone!

Great to hear that you still had some things to be thankful for. Glad everyone is ok. Welcome back to PA brother!

:thumbs:

Glad to hear that things are not as bad as it could have beeen and that you will begin to rebuild. I'm sorry your grandmother had to endure it by herself. I don't think I would had been as nice as your brother!

I'm glad to hear your grandmother is ok; and that the damage is minimal! Sounds like you definitely got things back on track!

That guy, "jack off", is a complete self-centered bastard. :angry2: I hope your brother did get a couple shots off!!

I hope things start going your, and your grandmother's, way soon! :)

- C