• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Fish

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
Some kid snagged a big grass carp in the lake the other night and my kids were amazed at the size of it. They said that sure would make a lot of fish sticks. LMAO!

fish013-vi.jpg

Yep, it sure would make a lot of fish sticks.....if you could get around all the bones on those bastids.

Nice size fish though :thumbs:

The first fish I ever caught was a carp...well, actually it was just a huge goldfish, from the pond in our town's park. I was about 5...the good ol' days... :thumbs:

Did they poke its eyes? :laugh: That's what I would have done as a kid. But we all know what Matt did with it. He had the most fun of all. I can just hear his thoughts as he 1st gazed upon the big fishy. :sign:

Poke its eyes out? We'd of stuck an M-80 up its vent. He he he.

Doc.

That is a big carp.

Take a look at the size of this Grouper (jew fish) when they get this big. That bad boy is in the hall way of a ship. I took the pic of the coast of key Largo.

HPIM0876_edited.jpg
[/img]

Some kid snagged a big grass carp in the lake the other night and my kids were amazed at the size of it. They said that sure would make a lot of fish sticks. LMAO!

fish013-vi.jpg

Matt, is there a reason why your one son is rubbing the fish down with Skin So Soft?

fish013-vi.jpg

Matt, is there a reason why your one son is rubbing the fish down with Skin So Soft?

LOL! Yeah, he ran out of stripper dust.......

That is a big carp.

Take a look at the size of this Grouper (jew fish) when they get this big. That bad boy is in the hall way of a ship. I took the pic of the coast of key Largo.

HPIM0876_edited.jpg
[/img]

Protected fish down here. Goliath Groupers. See 'em pretty frequently.

Incidentally, Max Mayfield, our former hurricane guru from NOAA, just landed in some hot water for catching one of these, bringing it up and then posing with the damn thing. Claimed he didn't know the rules, nor (allegedly) did his boat captain and crew. Whatever. They released it, it was ok presumably, but just taking them out of the water can be fatal to them.

Matt, great photo. Thanks for sharing.

I'm amazed at the size of it too :0