• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big MMA week

yardgnome02

The cards for both of these look pretty good:

First on Wednesday WEC delivers as always with 3 title fights(Best of all its free to watch on VS)

MAIN CARD

* Champ Carlos Condit vs. Carlo Prater (for welterweight title)
* Champ Rob McCullough vs. Jamie Varner (for lightweight title)
* Champ Chase Beebe vs. Miguel Torres (for bantamweight title)
* Antonio Banuelos vs. Manny Tapia
* Leonard Garcia vs. Hiroyuki Takaya

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Mark Hominick vs. Josh Grispi
* Del Hawkins vs. Coty Wheeler
* Yoshiro Maeda vs. Charlie Valencia
* Chance Farrar vs. Micah Miller
* Scott Jorgensen vs. TBA

then on Showtime Saturday night we have EliteXC: Street Certified

MAIN CARD

* Tank Abbott (9-13) vs. Kimbo Slice (1-0) (Time to see if Kimbo can really fight)
* Ricco Rodriguez (27-7) vs. Antonio Silva (9-1)
* Kyle Noke (13-4-1) vs. Scott Smith (14-4)
* Yves Edwards (32-13-1) vs. Edson Berto (13-4-1)
* Brett Roges (7-0) vs. James Thompson (14-7)

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Rafael Feijao (4-1) vs. John Doyle (6-2)
* Jon Kirk (10-2) vs. Yosmany Cabezas (4-0)
* Dave Herman (9-0) vs. Mario Rinaldi (6-2)
* Eric Bradley (2-1) vs. Mikey Gomez (6-3)
* Mike Berhard (3-0) vs. Lorenzo Borgameo (2-0)

I must give my friend Yves Edwards a whole lot of love for this fight and all he's done in MMA. He's a good guy and one of the best strikers I've ever seen.

GO THUGJITSU!!!!!!!

_tyves%20edwards1a.jpg

* Tank Abbott (9-13) vs. Kimbo Slice (1-0) (Time to see if Kimbo can really fight)

Ugh.....

All this fight can do is set the sport back 10 years. Neither guy is anything more than a bar room brawler. It will be the ultimate train wreck, and I pray that this isn't the first MMA fight that someone sees, and forms the opinion about the sport based on it.

Ugh.....

All this fight can do is set the sport back 10 years. Neither guy is anything more than a bar room brawler. It will be the ultimate train wreck, and I pray that this isn't the first MMA fight that someone sees, and forms the opinion about the sport based on it.

Definitely not what the sport has evolved into. However, I remember the first couple of UFC and would still enjoy a good fist fight. Tank put on a good show, and this should be interesting. It is more along the lines of a freak show, not a main event :D

Tank just showed up for a check. I have NEVER seen anything that pittiful in my life!!! But, Kimbo does look like he has improved his striking. He looks more fluid and sharp

He will eventually, but remember that he only has 2 pro fights now. Most guys with 2 fights never see this level of competition.

He's got some good hands and power, but everyone should know that already. Tank was the perfect opponet for Kimbo, as would any fighter who prefers to stand and trade.

Yves had an awesome flying knee.

I think someone like Tim Silva would have kimbo tapped in less than a round. Any heavyweight with a halfway decent ground game and half a brain will take out kimbo.