• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Move

I really feel for ya PB, moving has got to be the most unpleasant thing to do in the world. I'd rather throw my back out numerous times and go to dental apppointments. I've always dreaded having to move. Our first house ran us a $250.00 heating bill in the winter time, we stayed there three years mostly because of my bitching about having to move. The next one or two times, will be to a home to buy. Best of luck to ya.

Well cvmfour, that is a theory, :p but perhaps not a good one. They made a movie a few years back about Teena Brandon, a gal who dressed like a guy and who was killed by two country rednecks who didn't live all that far from me. I think the movie was "Boys don't cry" or something similar to that title. Not everybody here is like that of course. People just want to raise their crops, kids, and cattle and get on with making a good life. You would be amazed at the number of Californians and other big city, city-slicker types who move to Nebraska to get away from the rat race and raise their kids. It's also nice to have a school of 140 k-12, and not say.....5,000. If you haven't seen the movie, you'll have to check it out. :thumbs:

Fast4Dr said:
My monthly payment is $2250 for a 5 room apartment......Kitchen, Living Room, 3 Bedrooms and a Bathroom :angry:

And my cable bill is $200/mo ???
Knock a grand off of those two and you have my mortgage, 1 acre, 2500sq ft, 2 car garage and no smog, crime or much of anything else. :p

AVB said:
Fast4Dr said:
My monthly payment is $2250 for a 5 room apartment......Kitchen, Living Room, 3 Bedrooms and a Bathroom :angry:

And my cable bill is $200/mo ???
Knock a grand off of those two and you have my mortgage, 1 acre, 2500sq ft, 2 car garage and no smog, crime or much of anything else. :p
Gawn Trail: 5000 sq ft + 3 acres = $1650/mo. Propane, Well Water, Septic, Dish, phone, 'net (dial up :( ), trash, & electricity = $400/mo.

65 miles east of Los Angeles out in suburbia hell. The three major freeways to go anywhere; 91 (2 hour commute to LA); 60 (2 hour commute to LA); 10 (2 hour commute to LA). Traffic everywhere you go no matter what day it is or what time of the day it is. Long weekends are the worst.

Lucky for me I don't have to take any of these freeways, and we only go into town (2.5 miles) once a week :thumbs:

Live right in the middle of So Cal for a Central Cal price.

M. Gipson

If that includes taxes you're doing well my friend. Mine does.

AVB said:
If that includes taxes you're doing well my friend. Mine does.
$1650/mo includes taxes AND insurance.

We're looking to go Solar for electricity. About a $50K investment (w/ a 65% rebate from SCE) and the system actually produces more than we would use, so it would add to the grid, resulting in refunds from SCE. Return on Investment is 2.5 years. One of the best things you can do to keep your bills to a minimum here in So Cal. And those little panels to run your pool system on aren't too bad either.

My wife runs the finances, thus the frugality.

M. Gipson

Wish they'd promote something like that in Vegas. Could definately use Solar and sell off the excess.

Good luck, PB. Try not to do too much!

Gregor

gregor22 said:
Wish they'd promote something like that in Vegas. Could definately use Solar and sell off the excess.

Good luck, PB. Try not to do too much!

Gregor
Here's the company we are thinking about.

Home Solar System

Obviously it is geared for the People's Republik of Kalifornia, but it may at least give you some ideas and maybe a lead or two for Vegas. I hope it helps some.

M. Gipson

Well, the moving is finally done. Everything is now here in the house in Santo, or in one of 2 storage units (10x20 each), man we gotta get rid of some crap ???

Anyway, I am now sittuated to take some time off to recoup the old back, as well as the rest of the bady that took offence at the abuse I have dished it.

And glory of glories.... The local stop and rob is well stocked with all those Fruit Flavored White Owls, so I will not be out of smokes, and at only $0.59 a stick, what a deal ;)

Glad to hear your move is complete, I havent had to move in years, although I have managed to help someone in Neb. move a couple times in the last 3 years :D

Hope your back feels better soon PB. Next time think of western Va. 10 room house, 4 bed, 2 bath, on 3 lots. $46.000.00. :thumbs: Nearest cigar store is just a click away. ;)