• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BIG UPDATE READ ME

Beefcube

beeficus cubeicus
Thank God I have a jewish wife. She was ticked off about the whole thing so she started calling body shops. Well she found that the truck, actually a Chevy2500HD like I thought it was but was convinced by the witnesses it was a ford. Was found and towed at 1:22am. This was while I was still in the ambulance. It was found on top a guard rail 8 miles up by county police. The driver was said to be seen beating the dash to bits and fled on foot. Don't know if it was seen by police or tow driver .Just so happens the tow company is a good friend of my brother and we were allowed to id the truck. Got matching paint off the limo it hit too. My damage is right where I said it was. Sticker in back window confirmed by tow driver who stopped to help at my scene.
One thing I found out was the limo was beside me the whole time, he chased the guy but gave up in the wet road conditions. It hit the limo first and then hit me, out of all the cars a huge 28ft limo was the only one to give chase. One hell of a try if ya ask me.
Now we are trying to get police to jump up the case a little but the officer is off today and nobodyelse would take it up. Blood all over inside truck where he face kissed the windshield... HELLO match it to the driver. Knife used to stab seats and dash.... HELLO laying in console. Ignition turned off and in perfect condition... HELLO he took the keys out after he turned it off. Owner is now MIA... HELLO if it was my $35k truck i'd want it back....

MAN CAN I GET A BREAK HERE ! ! ! ! !

hang in there guy! man, I cannot imagine what would cause a guy to act so recklessly! It really sounds to me like he had a death wish or maybe just broke up with someone or maybe killed someone?
They will catch up with him, I just know it.
JV

I didn't know jewish wives knew how to use the phone better than others. Learn something new everyday :0

They have the truck so they know who the guy is, where he lives and can pick him up fairly easily now. The Wheels of Justice Turn Slowly somebody once said.

With having the truck and all the other evidence the coppers will get this scumbag.

Take your wife out for the good work she did finding the truck.

Beefcube:

You are one tough guy. Glad the damage to you is mostly superficial.

Also note his fingerprints are likely all over the inside of the truck.

That mofo is going down.

Hope those slow wheels of justice grind that a$$h0le into a pulp.

AVB said:
I didn't know jewish wives knew how to use the phone better than others. Learn something new everyday :0.
I second that. Careful there.

At-any-rate, take care of yourself and let time take its toll. It'll work out.

Unfortunately if your State is like most the only thing they will be able to get him for is leaving the scene of an accident causing injury, and that will be a very weak case. There would have to be several witnesses that could positively ID the driver at random. The fingerprints are worthless really, its his truck, so his attorney would say of course his prints are in it. Then that just begins your battle with the insurance companies for your damage if your lucky enough that he has insurance.
Several years ago I was involved in a case through work where a woman with a LONG history of DUIs drove over man and drug him down the street killing him. She left went home and was caught the next day. She got the usual leaving the scene of an accident charge.
Sad as it is, more and more drunks are realizing that they are much better off legally if they hit anything or wreck to flee the scene.

ads

Sounds like you might actually get some justice on this bad situation. If you've got the truck, the owner/driver can't be too far behind.

And dude, Kudos to your wife... Thats pretty snazzy detective work! :) Dont ever cheat on her or piss her off... And you can forget about hiding her christmas presents- She probably ALREADY knows what and where they are! :p

I hate to say it, but as an attorney myself, there are a lot of uphill battle type situations in this scenario.

Just some of the problems lie in the fact that it is going to be nearly impossible to prove just who was driving the vehicle. Assuming blood would even be considered at this juncture, there's probably now so many people who have come in and screwed up the incident/accident scene that chain-of-custody requirements and basic forensics requirements pretty much get thrown out the door. Along with it goes any consideration of using blood to id someone.

Even then, who's to say when it was put there, how, etc. Too many uncertainties and in a criminal matter, it becomes a tough case. Assuming you can get all your ducks in a row however, you might be better off going after him in a civil matter - like in your state's circuit court. There the burden of proof is slightly less demanding. Even still, let's say you could surmount all the odds and successfully win a civil case, there comes the obstacle of actually collecting. Either it's going to be like getting blood from a stone or you're going to have to resort to attaching something the jackass owns or receives - something which could take years and years to satisfy the amount of any verdict/judgment you received. Again, another problem is trying to figure out just who to go after. Is the joker who caused this owner? Someone who stole it? Someone to whom the owner loaned the car? Each scenario has its own problems and possibilities for bringing actions, but you have to know what you're dealing with. But I understand, it's (hopefully) a matter of time.

Hate to be a naysayer, but just wanted to at least give you (a perhaps different) perspective. For what it's worth...it definitely sounds like a case where the guy was on some manner of narcotic/drug...meth, heroin, coke...something. Sounds a bit too crazed to simply be some idiot "venting."

But, I wish you the best. All our prayers are with you on this one.