• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bishop,ca

BArias4641

I am heading to Bishop for the weekend and looking for things to do..well not really I am looking for places to go fishing that are the lesser known. I found the normal Intake II and the Owens River but are there any special can't miss locations? My dad, brother and I normally go on a 4-5 day fishing vacation up to the Bridgeport area now for some reason they want to fish in Bishop I am not happy about this but I have to deal with it (I got out voted.) I am going to try my hand at fly fishing this year, but I am also bringing along my trusty ol' spinning rod. I am not familiar with the area at all and would gratefully take any fishing advice. Thank you all in advance

Owens river: if the snow melt is good this year the river will not be to high give it a try in the morning using nymphs Never can go wrong on this river with a bead head pheasant tail nymph. Afternoon caddis and a small stonefly hatch can be had if it gets warmer.

Walker river: is great this time of year bring lots of Nymphs in the afternoons you might get a caddis hatch also a tied down caddis is very good on this river right before the fish key in on the adults

Pleasant Valley Res.: We have done good in the past using wooly worms and streamers from a boat or a tube and just drift

Hot Creek: can be hit or miss this time of year if there was a lot of snow the creek can run high. Nymphs in the morning caddis in the afternoon. Also a blue winged olive can show up this time of year

and never forget mammoth lakes!

Hope this helps have fun I miss fishing this part of the state. Since moving to Oregon I am blessed with fly fishing but there is something special of being on the high desert rivers at sunrise. ohhh and watch out of the rattlers! Dam I hate them. Good luck take pics I would love to see them rp