• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blazer lighter issues....again

I've emailed Blazer and asked that they take a look at this thread. I'm interested in hearing their thoughts.

Mine just broke as well. No spark. Sadness consumes my soul.

The Blazer I bought in August 2009 lasted about a year then quit lighting, no spark. It would have been $25 to send it back for repair or replacement. I decided to see if I could fix it so took it apart and worked on the ignition mechanism. I managed to get it to start lighting again but it only lasted for a month or so. It still won't light on its own but it has a nice flame if I light it with another lighter. :D

Now I buy cheap torch lighters since they seem to last as long as the expensive ones.

I have that exact torch, got it from HF 10 years ago! Still going strong.

I used to be a huge Blazer fan. My wife tends to take my lighters and lose them, but being a fan I've replaced them. I have to admit though, I too have found more an more issues with the build quality of the newer Blazers. I have purchased 3 Blazer PB-207s in the last year. None of them has lasted more than 3 or 4 months. It's disappointing. I've returned to using Xikar lighters and have recently used the Ronson Jetlite which I rather like as well. Can't beat the price on these at Duane Reade.

I have a Blazer Stratus which I really liked for the easy flame adjustment dial, the sleek look and the fact that it easily fits in my pocket. I got it sometime last year and unfortunately its been nothing but an issue since about after a month of use. I use only Colibri butane, purge every time before refilling, and without fail i have to push the ignition about 3 or 4 times before I get a flame. When I do finally get a flame, it fizzles out after about 2 seconds, no matter if I have just refilled it or not. I have cleaned it a few times and still the same results. I'm starting to wonder about Blazer.

edit: rewording.

Bumping because I was curious if Blazer ever responded to this post.