• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Taste Test Review Pass

A personal welcome goes out to Bruddah Dave our Moderator who has joined our little endeavor in Spot #1 in the place of JoeM who gracefully bowed out.

Welcome Dave! :D :thumbs:

Okay. I have went through 29 singles and searched the retailers to accurately list the names and frontmark of each cigar. I also have the sizes and price. I am going to have enought to let all 20 people listed participate. :thumbs: I will go through the rest that will be going out tomorrow... probably. This task is a little harder than it looks. :p

I will begin sending them out towards the end of the week. I think I may stagger the mailings a bit for two reasons... one is cost and the other is to keep the ratings coming in over a longer period of time so that I can better handle them and get them all posted.

If I may, can I ask that you smoke the cigars I send you in a somewhat timely manner. I don't want this to drag on forever. Let 'um stabilize from shipping and smoke um. There's really no rush, just don't take a month to get to it. :)

My plan is to post the reviews as they come in in this thread. I am also going to post the same information in the "Whatcha Been Smoking Lately" section. That thread will be locked. This way we can comment of the reviews here and others can look at each review in the WBSL section without having to weed through all of our comments.

Any thoughts?

Took a look at the review form and, for what it's worth, you might think about copyrighting it before one of the commercial sites steals it. :D

Seriously, I think it covers all the bases very well, and adds a couple that should be in most reviews but aren't.

Very nice job, Steve! :thumbs: Oh, and I also like the dual thread.

can I ask that you smoke the cigars I send you in a somewhat timely manner

HA, I'll smoke mine within a day :D

Stabilize? We don't need not stinking stabilize time :p

It's darn near impossible for me to hold onto cigars I receive from any CPer's for more than a few days so this will definately NOT be a problem SD ;)

This is a GREAT idea SD and THANK YOU for putting this together :thumbs: :thumbs: :love:

Wow, spot #1. I feel so honored :p

Sounds like this one will be uber-fun!

Dave ;)

Sounds good to me, let the fun begin !

I'm ready- I only hope I don't make a fool of myself with the review :)

THANK YOU SD for having me and taking the time to put this together (not to mention the smokes, money for shipping, etc).

:thumbs: Toaster

Okee Dokee Fellars! I got some more stuff in today and I may start mailing a few of them tomorrow. I've got to do some plumbing tonight so if I have time, I will get a few of the out tomorrow. I'll be in touch.

I can't wait! :D

Update:

I now have all 40 cigars labeled and inventoried. I also had to research and measure each one so that I would have the "exact" names and sizes of each cigar. I went to a few of the local online retailers for this information and noted the sizes of all the cigars and copied what notes were said about each cigar from the manufacturer. It will be fun to see how close you guys come to what the manufacture/retailer says about each particular cigar. I will post all of this information with each review.

I will list the price for each cigar based on the Box prices of some of the most inexpensive online retailers. The prices/availability of each cigar may vary depending on where you shop. Based on these prices, I have approximately $150.00 worth of cigars going out. There are 40 cigars total going out. Everyone gets two sticks. I have each one bagged and numbered. I have tried to randomly select who gets what as much as possible. So that I will be able to get the most enjoyment out of each review, I will not look at the "who-got-what" list until after I read the reviews.

BTW - All cigars can be bought at JRs or Cigars International with the exception of one which can be found easily elsewhere. The ISOMs (of course) cannot be bought at these retailers. You're on your on here. :)

Each person now has two cigars assigned to them. I will begin packing them up and addressing them within the next couple days. Hopefully, they will all go out on Monday.

Let the sticks stabilize in your humis until you are satisfied that they are ready to go and start on the reviews. I will post again when they go out. :thumbs:

I will post the links of the reviews page from my website again later. If all else fails, read the very first post. Everything should be there. PM me if you need additional information.

Anything else? If I think of something, I will post again.

I am really looking forward to this. I appreciate ya'll playing. :D :thumbs:

SD_Stack said:
I am really looking forward to this.
Me too! :D

I just did a practice review for a coupel cigars I smoked tonight, it's in the whatcha been smoking lately forum. LMK what you think!

Me and my <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>BIG Mouth! </span> :angry:

Anything in the name of "Science" though, Right?

:sign:

Update:

First: I had some trouble with the bands so Sir-Smokes, Lumberg and Psyktek will see (very) minimal damage to one of their cigars. :( Sorry, but that labels had been made and all data had been finalized. I wasn't going through the trouble of changing them. It really isn't that bad. :thumbs:

All bands have been removed and two cigars have been bagged and named for each of you.

This is going to be tough... and interesting. I couldn't identify more than a couple of cigars out of the 40 right now and I just removed the bands. :p

Now I have to create a letter to insert in the boxes with passcode instructions for the form so people don't screw with me by adding faux reviews in your name. It would be a long shot that they could match a number to a name but better to be safe than laughed at! :p

Then I will box them all up. I have the addresses printed up already and I bought the postage Friday.

We are still on schedule for the Monday (3/22) shipping! :thumbs:

I'll be in touch. :D

All boxed up, addressed and stamped! WooHoo!!! :D :D :D

They will go on Monday. :thumbs:

All 20 boxes are...

Outta Here!

WooHoo! ;)

By the way.

If you will, please post when you receive the boxes

and...

how the cigars arrived. I tried a new shipping method.

Please? ???

Thanks.

I am feeling left out. Anyone got a kleenex? :p

I think I am going to play this little game too. I think I will have my wife take her pick from 3 desktops and the 120qt and pull out two sticks and un-band them. I will have to measue it before I smoke it so that I will know what the Frontmark is and she will have to pick cigars with bands on them so I can Brand them.

I will attempt my reviews (I suck at reviews) and post them up before I look at what I was smoking. After folks have a chance to read the reviews I will find out what they were and post the info.

Whatta-U think? Will this work?

Awesome SD_stack -- thanks for setting this up, this will prove to be very interesting! Thanks for donating the 40 sticks for this!!

You definitely should participate as well, I think.