• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blocking SPAM

switters

Clinging to my guns!
I have had an email account with my isp for a couple of years now. So far I have done a pretty good job of keeping my inbox spam free. After I had the account for a year or so I started getting spam from yahoo.com & hotmail.com email addresses so I blocked those domains. Now all of a sudden I am getting a lot of spam for Canadian drugs. The domains are never the same but they all end in .cn . Is there anyway that I can block these without having to use an actual spam filter? I just don't want to have to log on the my isp's website everyday to check my junk folder.

I have had an email account with my isp for a couple of years now. So far I have done a pretty good job of keeping my inbox spam free. After I had the account for a year or so I started getting spam from yahoo.com & hotmail.com email addresses so I blocked those domains. Now all of a sudden I am getting a lot of spam for Canadian drugs. The domains are never the same but they all end in .cn . Is there anyway that I can block these without having to use an actual spam filter? I just don't want to have to log on the my isp's website everyday to check my junk folder.

Do you use Outlook/ Mail.app/ Entourage or webmail?

I'm a Mac user so I use Mail on my computer. It bothers me more on my Blackberry though.

I'm a Mac user so I use Mail on my computer. It bothers me more on my Blackberry though.

Depending on the ISP you should be able to block emails with certain words. Sometimes that is not enough and you need to use an outside service. I believe that the blackberry has some spam fighting as well, but I am not sure what it is.

Ok. Thanks. I found where I can filter out messages that come from .cn . That should take care of it.

I've found the "delete" button works very well on any messages I don't want. Much like the recycle bin which sits between my mailbox and home, for junk mail that shows up physically.

I guess if you're getting 4-500 a day it'd be a different story.....

Good luck - B.B.S.