• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blue Cheese Stuffed Angus Burgers w/ Portabello Mushrooms

AngryFishH

Official Big Fish
Before we begin, this is not a burger for you thin folk looking for a super lean, low fat, dainty meal. This is the king of all burgers and made to satisfy the hungriest of people.

Serves 3

1 lb ground beef (80/20 or 85/15)
9 oz. Danish Blue Cheese
1 Red onion (medium sized)
3 Portabello Mushroom Caps (whole)
6 Tbsp. Olive Oil (approx.)
6 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar (approx.)
Salt & Pepper
3 Kaiser or Portuguese Rolls

First:
Take the caps and brush off any dirt, debris or other things you sometimes find on them that you wouldn't eat. Put them in a plastic zip-lock bag and add the oil & vinegar. Mix around well but don't damage the caps. Set aside.

Second:
Preheat your grill.

Third:
Separate the beef into six roughly equal pieces. Flatten each piece. If you have small hands use some wax paper under and over the beef and use a rolling pin or you can use whatever small hand people do to flatten their burgers. I don't have this issue. :D

Fourth:
Crumble the Blue Cheese and place a third on three of the burgers. Top with the non-cheese burger like you were making a Blue Cheese sandwich. Now, gently seal the ends of the two patties. Use some cold water on your hands if they get sticky. Salt and Pepper each burger.

Fifth:
Cut three thick slices of onion.

Grill time:
Over high heat grill the shrooms and onion first. When the onion is done, which will happen before the mushrooms, I just set it on top of the mushroom. The burgers go on when the shrooms are about halfway done. Cook the burgers until desired doneness. My recommendation is a nice medium. If the cheese explodes out like a volcano you cooked it too long. Don't forget to lightly toast the bun.

Assembly:
Bottom bun, burger, shroom, onion, top bun. Try this before you add any ketchup, mustard, mayo or whatever you have been trained to slather on your burgers. If you really feel weird without a condiment try a few shots of Worcestershire sauce.

Let me know how they turn out.

Fish

PS - Never take BBQ advice from a thin guy.

Oh man.. it's only 10 and reading that recipe made me starving for a big juicy burger. My leftovers from last night for lunch just don't sound quite as appealing now! :)

I was hoping to see a picture of these babies once I saw the post. This sounds very tempting.

Oh man.. it's only 10 and reading that recipe made me starving for a big juicy burger. My leftovers from last night for lunch just don't sound quite as appealing now! :)

Dayum dude, that sounds like a proper "Manbuger".

I know just the guy to treat with this recipe, but of course, I'll have to do a test run first before I serve it to someone!!!

Thanks for the recipe.

Jim!

Wow.

Heavy salivating and extreme stomach gurgles ensue.

I love cheese stuffed burgers. There are some great ones down in Minneapolis and St. Paul. The Nook is great at them.

Thanks for the recipe. I'll give it a shot next time the in-laws come over.

Holy burger!

Let me start off by saying, this burger is not for the weak. I'm sitting like a beached whale right now.

The taste is fantastic. My wife doesn't care for blue cheese but she ate her whole burger.

I tried to eat the other two. Couldn't quite do it.

My only advice is to make sure you get the burger sealed up properly with the blue cheese in there. I probably didn't get the 6 initial patties thin enough. That would have helped me get the edges sealed better.

All in all, great burgers. Thanks for the recipe AngryFish!

Bill

I'm still confused about this "serves 3" comment. Looks like one burger to me!

Holy burger!

Let me start off by saying, this burger is not for the weak. I'm sitting like a beached whale right now.

The taste is fantastic. My wife doesn't care for blue cheese but she ate her whole burger.

I tried to eat the other two. Couldn't quite do it.

My only advice is to make sure you get the burger sealed up properly with the blue cheese in there. I probably didn't get the 6 initial patties thin enough. That would have helped me get the edges sealed better.

All in all, great burgers. Thanks for the recipe AngryFish!

Bill

Glad you liked 'em! It takes a bit to get the hang of sealing the edges. The trick is not to handle the beef too much and keep your hand wet. I keep some ice water nearby as I am constructing.

I am working on a new burger for a contest I am entering. Recipe will get posted here as soon as it gets entered.

Fish

I can taste it, better than a steak, all those flavors
really make my day.

I put bacon on mine.

ikMOe.gif

Outstanding! I made them with some puffball slices right from my back yard.

Hi all,
Made these this past weekend. They are GREAT. There is alot of food here for only 3 burgers.
THANKS for the receipe!

Ok, you evil Bastard. I accept the challenge. *shakes tiny fist* YOUR REQUIRED DEFIBRILLATORS MEAN NOTHING TO ME! I'm so making this tomorrow. Holy crap.

Hey Norway...watch as I infuse bacon into mine! Bwahahahaha! Not just on top, you amateur!

Er...so to speak.

Dammit.

I feel like you just won and it makes me sad.

-Trey

/needs more 2 year old recipes