• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Board Etiquitte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that I am still considered one of the new one's here I have to agree with Grand and we all must take into consideration if we post anything that may be offensive to others. After all it is just good clean manners. And Rod, the CP logo is not offensive to me, in fact I rather like it.

Discussing politics, religion, race and sexuality are recipes for disaster on a cigar bulletin board. We are here because of cigars that should always be the main focus.

So can I tell the one about the naked guy smoking a cigar in a Catholic church with his lesbian friend????

ggiese said:
BTW - those are not nipples in Ray's sigtag, they're areola's, danm it!!!
[snapback]221419[/snapback]​

Areola sounds like something you catch on your feet. I prefer the term pepperoni :D

The Master said:
Discussing politics, religion, race and sexuality are recipes for disaster on a cigar bulletin board. We are here because of cigars that should always be the main focus.
[snapback]221463[/snapback]​

Harris is 100% correct. This is a cigar board, and discussion of politics will only create tension between members and create flame wars.

And no, it is not acceptable to use the lobby to setup times for political discussion in the chatroom. If you want to talk politics, go to a political forum. Would I talk cigars in a web design forum? I think not. The lobby is intended for GENERAL discussion, not political discussion. The CP Chatroom follows the same guidelines as the forum. This site is designed for those who wish to discuss cigars, not politics. The chatroom is there for members to discuss cigars and general discussion. Time will not be blocked off in the chatroom for political discussion.

emodx said:
First off, to GrandCru... point taken....

...Politics, race, and religion will always be touchy subjects. Should they be discussed here? Maybe, maybe not. By board policy no, but does this policy, say bleed over to the chat room? Could someone make a post stating there will be a political discussion at such and such time in the chat room. If you are interested show up, if not stay away? I deem that perfectly acceptable.

By biggest rant while I am on this soap box is this, unless people here are willing to clean up their act as a whole, and self police, then this is a moot discussion.

Oh by the way, this is the lobby guys. Which means it will be off cigar topics in general. If it is a distraction, then dont read, stay in the cigar boards. Remember, it is your choice to read. If you don't like it, perhaps you made the wrong choice and not nessecarily the person who started the thread.

-E
[snapback]221391[/snapback]​
For what it's worth, in principal, I agree with both of you, however the real issue was the use of the "n" word...and to further exacerbate the problem K&P basically told all the southerners they were bigoted rednecks (at least thats what I read into it) while he was expressing racial bogotry of his own...and having grown up in the US I've come to understand that American blacks use that word for each other, as a way to defuse it, make it meaningless, but when someone else steps in and uses it, I think it is definitely bigotry...can we expect, next, to be calling the Italians, "wops," and the Jews, "kikes?" And before anyone jumps, I'm not calling either group that, just making a point that racial bigotry is bigotry no matter what your intention, especially if a member of one race or religion uses a flammable and derogatory name for a member of another race or religion...however, I am a member of one of the aforementioned groups, and we don't call each other by those names so it's still a little hard to really understand why the blacks here in the US call each other the "n" word...it's a nasty word no matter who uses it, as are the two I previously mentioned...and, having been on the receiving end of words like that throughout my life, I find it just makes tempers flare, and starts fights...I know I am more militant due to that prejudice, and every time someone refers to anyone of my race/religion with words of that sort, my first instinct is to go punch them out...even if they're bigger than me...so the problem isn't a freedom of speech issue, or the fact that the lobby is for everything other than cigars...it still remains, that it isn't for bigotry of any sort, at any time, whether you read it or not...one last point...comparing what went on to a picture that depicts the very, very slight, upper edge of a woman's areola is like comparing apples to oranges...they're just not the same...

Good post Neuromancer. I still think that toad ought to be tossed for saying that here. His half-assed apology didn't cut it with me.

AVB said:
Good post Neuromancer. I still think that toad ought to be tossed for saying that here. His half-assed apology didn't cut it with me.
[snapback]221490[/snapback]​

Agreed. :(

MilesMingusMonk said:
AVB said:
[snapback]221490[/snapback]​

Agreed. :(
[snapback]221500[/snapback]​

ditto.
icon2.gif

Looks like this is nothing more than a continuation from another thread. End it.

Status
Not open for further replies.