• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Coronas

Infinity,

Please contact Craig as I suggested.

The fake Boli Coronas that Chuck received are so hideously offensive that nobody with any experience with Bolivar could have mistaken them for authentic.

I'm just saying that you should take this back to him directly.

The other guys chiming in are doing so because if there is a brother here who is beyond reproach, it is Craig. We are just flabbergasted that he would or could intentionally send you out one of these BoliFakes. I, for one, cannot believe it but I also don't think you meant to imply this was the case although your post sounded like it was making just such a claim.

Wilkey

Infinity,

Please contact Craig as I suggested.

The fake Boli Coronas that Chuck received are so hideously offensive that nobody with any experience with Bolivar could have mistaken them for authentic.

I'm just saying that you should take this back to him directly.

The other guys chiming in are doing so because if there is a brother here who is beyond reproach, it is Craig. We are just flabbergasted that he would or could intentionally send you out one of these BoliFakes. I, for one, cannot believe it but I also don't think you meant to imply this was the case although your post sounded like it was making just such a claim.

Wilkey

Chuck,

No offense was intended in what I wrote above. I meant no disparagement of you and I hope you can understand.

Wilkey

Wilkey,

I have sent Craig a PM.

I certainly did not mean to imply that Craig would ever send me a fake. If it was perceived as that then I apologize for my verbiage.

Coincidently I had just had the bad experience with that stick when I read the thread about the same cigar and I posted. There was no implication intended whatsoever, I'm glad you can see that Wilkey.

Brian

Craig is an outstanding BOTL. And im sure he can spot a fake a mile away.

As wilkey suggested the boli he and smoked I also jad the displeaseure of smoking. ANd beleive this thing was horrid.

IM sure you just had a sick boli.

Here is a detail that is more definitive in identifying fakery. The Cuban seal serial number should always be crisp and clear as if printed using a die or stamp. If it looks fuzzy like it was printed using a dot matrix printer or bleeds into the surrounding paper fibers, this is not a good sign.

SealsFakeReal01.jpg

Wilkey

Chuck,

No offense was intended in what I wrote above. I meant no disparagement of you and I hope you can understand.

Wilkey

Wilkey

Why you PHD carrying bastage! LOL

I started this thread and I knew nothing of real Boli's when I did. Matter of fact I still know very little of real Boli's. :)

I do know a dog rocket from a cigar though. Even if you never smoked a real Boli you'd never mistake these for one. No way, no how. These are not "bad" smokes they are disgusting smokes. :p

OK, it's been 4 plus months since I notified the owner of the store about my "issue" with the product he sold me. He assured me that he would make good on these less than desirable Boli's with a cash refund for the full amount and a few other sticks as a good will gesture.

I contacted him twice, initially with the above response and once when I said I felt bad to have his product and the money too and I wanted to send the sticks back to him in Vancouver. He contacted me immediately and said not to send them back and that the refund check was on it's way.

I'm not waiting any longer. It's time to tell everyone who he is and how he deals with customers. Question is how? Just post it here? Will moderators or FOG's have an issue with that? Are there legality's?

I don't want to get screwed twice I just don't want anyone on this forum to be assaulted by this guy like I was.

Suggestions?

OK, it's been 4 plus months since I notified the owner of the store about my "issue" with the product he sold me. He assured me that he would make good on these less than desirable Boli's with a cash refund for the full amount and a few other sticks as a good will gesture.

I contacted him twice, initially with the above response and once when I said I felt bad to have his product and the money too and I wanted to send the sticks back to him in Vancouver. He contacted me immediately and said not to send them back and that the refund check was on it's way.

I'm not waiting any longer. It's time to tell everyone who he is and how he deals with customers. Question is how? Just post it here? Will moderators or FOG's have an issue with that? Are there legality's?

I don't want to get screwed twice I just don't want anyone on this forum to be assaulted by this guy like I was.

Suggestions?

Outting a bad source or member, via a new thread in the lobby, has been done.

<Come out of the closet Tom!>

Chuck,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get an acceptable resolution this problem. I also know that you are not the first person dealt with in this manner. Neither are you the only person to have purchased counterfeits from this vendor.

I'd say a public outing is in order. Keep it short, to the point, and link to your threads.

Before going public, you should PM Rod to get his blessing or advice.

Wilkey

The caps like everyone said is way off.

The date stamp is inncorect. Remember, Real boxes can be purchased online so the box is not the best indicator of identifying fakes.

Even great fakes have a well made triple cap.

Sometimes only cutting it in half or smoking it is the best way to know.