• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Booker's Small Batch Bourbon

Gonz, my bad on the reply to that! I should know better than to Hi-Jack a thread (thank you for the correction)! Can we get an Admin to move these to say?

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...2&hl=hirsch

Just to keep this on topic. I enjoyed Booker's when I started my bourbon journey, a friend of mine always seemed to grab me a bottle every Christmas! The proof held up well top cracked ice and with all the flavor did not melt down into bourbon water :laugh: ! I will be honest I keep one open on the bar but have not had any in some time! May need to revisit this, I have a feeling it will be like seeing an old friend again.

Tony

Gonz, my bad on the reply to that! I should know better than to Hi-Jack a thread (thank you for the correction)! Can we get an Admin to move these to say?

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...2&hl=hirsch

Just to keep this on topic. I enjoyed Booker's when I started my bourbon journey, a friend of mine always seemed to grab me a bottle every Christmas! The proof held up well top cracked ice and with all the flavor did not melt down into bourbon water :laugh: ! I will be honest I keep one open on the bar but have not had any in some time! May need to revisit this, I have a feeling it will be like seeing an old friend again.

Tony

Seemed like an honest mistake to me. Really didn't seem like the end of the world.
I see comments made like this all the time, that are a little off topic.

What's everyone's favorite gin for martinis? Or do some prefer Vodka martinis?

One of my favorite gins is Quintessential. It's around $38 for 750 mL and completely worth it. It has a decent kick at 90 proof but it has a really clean citrus flavor and is one of the smoothest gins out there. If you haven't had it you should give it a go.

home_bottle_left.jpg

You know better then to ask a gin question in a small batch bourbon thread. :angry: This is about Booker's and has nothing to do with martinis.

You know better then to ask a gin question in a small batch bourbon thread. :angry: This is about Booker's and has nothing to do with martinis.

So do you think the newbie who actually answered my smartass comment making a point about threadjacking got it? :sign:

Ahhhhhh.........how shall I put this.

NO.

So do you think the newbie who actually answered my smartass comment making a point about threadjacking got it? :sign:

Must have been a slow day! Nothing better to do than lead a Newbie into threadjacking! Nice work, at least we were talking bourbon when we made the error earlier. I'm not siding with anyone just seems odd someone as respected on the board as yourself would take pride in such antics.

I apologized for my mistake.

Tony

Having fun and leading people is an art form. Stick around and you'll see we play jokes and have fun like that all the time.

Actually ate at a restaurant that had Booker's at the bar. I'm so accustomed to the bourbon selection around here consisting of JD, Beam and,if you're lucky, Knob Creek. I was delighted to find Booker's on the selection and always wanting to try it, I ordered a glass of it neat as I already had a glass of ice water. Once again, Ray is spot on with the nose. It smelled like I was melting brown sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan and the alcohol burn told me this wouldn't be enjoyed neat. As it's been awhile since I had read this review, I couldn't remember what proof this was so I added a couple of 1/2 inch cubes of ice and tried my first sip. I think I did the involuntary "shudder" as the alcohol jolted my system. So I kept adding ice cubes two at a time until I found the right dilution. There was almost an oiliness to it as I sipped along, but the flavors were pronounced and immensely enjoyed. I'm about done with my bottle of Rare Breed and think I will look for the Booker's next time I'm in the liquor store. Thanks for the lead Ray, it was a great way to top off a good meal.

I finally broke down and bought a bottle. Ray, your rationalization of cutting it 2-1 helped me get past the $50 price point. Cutting it to your recommendation really makes this an enjoyable drink. Hands down the best I've had in my limited experience.

Almost 4 years old and still relevant, nice to see the old reviews pop up once in a while. Glad that you liked it Moe.

Bookers is great stuff. The flavor profile is incredible, with a finish that seems to go forever.

Of course, it's also likely to numb your mouth, with the proof if drank neat...which is how I drink it. So damn good. This review is what prompted my trying it.

I love Booker's but around here (Denver) it's $60, that's tough to pull off. This and Knob Creek Single Barrel are my favs so far.

Well, B.B.S. and I are sitting in my kitchen as I'm typing this ...trying to drink this bourbon that I just opened up 30 minutes ago. We just cut it with a little water and it's still kicking our ass. I'm not sure if it's the high alcohol or just the way it's bottled, uncut and filtered, out of the barrel...man is this stuff an acquired tasted!

Me?...I'm just starting out with bourbon and realize this is NOT the bottle for a newcomer. BUT Tom on the other hand IS a bourbon drinker and I'm laughing watching him and listening to his comments about it. "Bookers Small Batch, while blended with rocket fuel & napalm...has an interesting taste to say the least!" :laugh: "When I bring it to my lips and take in the aroma, my first thought is...PUT IT DOWN!" :laugh: Funny sh*t!

This stuff is NOT for the faint of heart. I loved the nose which I found smokey and caramely...then the medicinal aroma set in. I found it nosed very nicely...but taste wise...WoW! Powerful. Even cut as Ray said, this was too intense for me. I'll go back to a filtered bourbon for a while longer and come back to this in a few months to try again to see if I can acquire a taste for it.

Tom on the other hand is choking it down in spades... :p

Tom on the other hand is choking it down in spades... :p

...LMAO at the guy at the end of the table.... :laugh:

This is so darned HOT with alcohol that I'm having a hard time discerning much complexity. After an ice cube (near blasphemy, I know.....) it's cooled down and gives up the hint that there may indeed be some complexity in there that is worth noting. But to be honest, I'm having a rather hard time getting there.... :whistling:

Nice guys. I've got it down to 3 parts Booker's and 1 part water for me. Great stuff.