• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boy am I glad this day is over .....

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
I hate having one of those kind of days that you could write a Country song to :(

Last day on the job followed by having to put my dog down. Oh sure I knew both of these things were coming. But come on, does it all have to happen on the same day?!. Opened a fresh bottle of PVW 20yo, put some blues on the stereo and pulled out a special smoke to say good bye to my smoking buddy.

RIP Pawnee ..... I'll miss you

David

Sorry for your losses, on both counts. Jobs will come and go, but great companions are true gems. It's never easy having to let go of a dog you've raised and cared for like it was your own child. Smoke something special for your smoking buddy and remeber the good times. RIP Pawnee......

Sorry for your loss David. I've put down too many dogs in my lifetime and it always sucks.

Sorry for the loss of your friend and companion. Hang in there.

Ken

That just sucks David.

Here's wishing you many GOOD days :thumbs:

Brian

Really sorry you're having to go through such rough stuff David. Hoping you're feeling better soon!

Sorry to hear about your loss David. Pets give so much love and its very hard when they leave us. Take it one day at a time.

Bob

Damn David! I am sorry to here that you are having a tough time, we hope nothing but the best for you.

Really sorry to hear about this rough time you're going through David. Hoping for things to look up for you real soon.

Where's a damn Hallmark card to plagiarize from when you need it.

Really sorry to hear about your day. I hope things turn around for you quickly.

That's some sad stuff bro. I feel for ya, in fact, I'm guessing most of us here can relate. Just sucks.

Sorry to hear about your bad day. Nothing like a good companion. Hang in there!

Sorry to hear that David. Warm, good memories and life is enriched by a great companion. You're a fortunate man to have such great memories.

Sorry to hear about you day mate... as people have said, Jobs come and go but good companions are though to loose.

Hopefully life will stop throwing punches for a bit and you can get back on your feet and punch it back.

Sorry to hear about your job loss. Even more sorry to hear about your lil buddy. Remember the good times and I hope this helps:

The Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called Rainbow Bridge because of its many splendid colors.
Just this side of Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush, green grass.
When beloved pets die, they go to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.
There is only one thing missing.
They are not with their special person who loved them on earth. So each day they run and play.
Until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!

The nose twitches.
The ears are up!
The eyes are staring.

And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen!
And when you and your special friend meet, you take him in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...Never again to be separated.

Sorry to hear about your loss, David. Knowing that you had to put Pawnee down and actually having to do it are never easy. Here's to great memories.

David, here's wishing tomorrow is a better day. Unfortunately both occurances are part of life in today's world. Jobs are replaceable as I have found out during the course of the last 5 years, dogs on the other hand are not and I know you will miss Pawnee. Even though you know it is coming it doesn't take the emotion out and life is about the ride. Glad you made the effort to share yours with this group.

I hear ya man... I put my boy down 2 years ago and I still miss him. :(