• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bring back Emo'sGrrl...

The lady is absent today and I suspect some of you guys sent her packing...so, who wants her back?

• I do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't remember any "offensive" posts from her at all. ???

If she's Emo's girl that's all I need to know, she's okay in my book :thumbs:

Neuromancer said:
Hmmm...some no votes? Seems we have a few misogynists here...me, personally, I love women...greatest thing the big guy above ever did was to give us women for our companions...yeah, they can be pains at times, but how can ya not love'em?
[snapback]218244[/snapback]​

So let me get this straight... anyone who doesn't like a particular woman or the things she does is a misogynist? Curious indeed...

(no reflection on Emo's Girl, just speaking in general)

AVB said:
She left of her own volition and not because we voted her off the island. She'll return or she won't, she post whore or she won't, I'll care or most likely not.
[snapback]218323[/snapback]​
Most women dont like the word whore associated with them. And their boyfeinds really dont. :whistling:

emodx said:
AVB said:
She left of her own volition and not because we voted her off the island. She'll return or she won't, she post whore or she won't, I'll care or most likely not.
[snapback]218323[/snapback]​
Most women dont like the word whore associated with them. And their boyfeinds really dont. :whistling:
[snapback]218460[/snapback]​

I'm just speculatin' but I'm sure that is supposed to be "more" and NOT "whore". ???

Floyd T. :sign:

I don't think you're a boyfeind, you're nicer then that. :p

emodx said:
And their boyfeinds really dont. :whistling:
[snapback]218460[/snapback]​

moki said:
Neuromancer said:
Hmmm...some no votes? Seems we have a few misogynists here...me, personally, I love women...greatest thing the big guy above ever did was to give us women for our companions...yeah, they can be pains at times, but how can ya not love'em?

So let me get this straight... anyone who doesn't like a particular woman or the things she does is a misogynist? Curious indeed...

[snapback]218396[/snapback]​
Actually, it was just a generality, without an intent to mean much of anything...I am, however, very surprised and disappointed with the vote...it seems sorta like the Kayakinboy thread where everyone supported him and yet someone wanted him busted...in this case, the comments here are positive, yet the vote shows otherwise...I guess those that are voting against, are not commenting on why they feel this way...guess they're not man enough to make themselves known, as most replies here seem to be for having the lady back...

You need to learn a little about human nature. People need to justify why thay want something but don't need to justify something they don't want that isn't here.

Neuromancer said:
Actually, it was just a generality, without an intent to mean much of anything...I am, however, very surprised and disappointed with the vote...it seems sorta like the Kayakinboy thread where everyone supported him and yet someone wanted him busted...in this case, the comments here are positive, yet the vote shows otherwise...I guess those that are voting against, are not commenting on why they feel this way...guess they're not man enough to make themselves known, as most replies here seem to be for having the lady back...
[snapback]218520[/snapback]​

Neuromancer said:

You really need to stop speculating about people's motives simply because you don't like the results of your poll.

PS calling people "misogynists" is not a generality

moki said:
Neuromancer said:

You really need to stop speculating about people's motives simply because you don't like the results of your poll.

PS calling people "misogynists" is not a generality
[snapback]218527[/snapback]​

It was really an off-the-cuff comment...I was just surprised at the nay votes...I used the term as a generality as I said...did not intend it to mean anyone in particular...however, if the shoe fits, etc...

You haven't been here anywhere near long enough to make generalities about some of the brothers on this board.

Neuromancer said:
...however, if the shoe fits, etc...
[snapback]218534[/snapback]​

Neuromancer said:

:sign: How are no votes misogynistic? If the subject of the poll were Neuromancer instead of Emo's Girl, would that make the members who voted against his return man-haters?

Neuromancer said:
moki said:
Neuromancer said:

[snapback]218396[/snapback]​
Do you honestly think many people here are going to speak out and voice the reasons they don't like MY lady? That's like being able to vote for someone other than Fidel. Sure, if the name is on the ticket you could, but would you want to have you name associated with that? No, you'd be shot.

Lets face it, I am a BOTL in good standing here and other boards. Would you want to say why to me publically? And lets face it, I have jumped peoples **** for less. For those who voted no, we all know why they voted no. It's no secret, to me, to them, and to you.

So while the poll was made to support her, it actually supports what I felt all along. A guy who makes some of the posts she did wouldn't have gotten voted off the island. Definately the same verbal lashing, but not voted off. So read into any of this banter or none of it.

-E

emodx said:
So while the poll was made to support her, it actually supports what I felt all along. A guy who makes some of the posts she did wouldn't have gotten voted off the island. Definately the same verbal lashing, but not voted off. So read into any of this banter or none of it.

-E
[snapback]218574[/snapback]​

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with gender at all.

Reverse the roles, she's away at sea, you're at home posting on a web board she frequents (you're an outsider, you have no real interest in the topic of the web board), predominantly populated by women. You start posting things that are a bit racy... sexual innuendo, etc. I think lots of the women on said web board would find that unseemly. Not saying I do, but I couldn't certainly see how some might.

Would they be man-haters? I don't think so. Would their opinion be based on gender? Nope, it would be based on conduct and appearances.

That's leaving aside the whole issue of conflicting personalities, etc, etc. that come up every time people interact. I think there are plenty of reasons someone could have an opinion here that have nothing to do with gender, and nothing to do with being misogynistic.

All of that said, I have no problem with her posting; her self-imposed exile seems totally unnecessary. I'm just rankled by all of the assumptions about people's motivations that are being bandied about in this thread.

emodx said:
What does rankled and bandied mean?
[snapback]218589[/snapback]​

hehe... read as "annoyed" and "tossed around" ;)

moki said:
emodx said:

-E
[snapback]218574[/snapback]​

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with gender at all.

Reverse the roles, she's away at sea, you're at home posting on a web board she frequents (you're an outsider, you have no real interest in the topic of the web board), predominantly populated by women. You start posting things that are a bit racy... sexual innuendo, etc. I think lots of the women on said web board would find that unseemly. Not saying I do, but I couldn't certainly see how some might.

Would they be man-haters? I don't think so. Would their opinion be based on gender? Nope, it would be based on conduct and appearances.

That's leaving aside the whole issue of conflicting personalities, etc, etc. that come up every time people interact. I think there are plenty of reasons someone could have an opinion here that have nothing to do with gender, and nothing to do with being misogynistic.

All of that said, I have no problem with her posting; her self-imposed exile seems totally unnecessary. I'm just rankled by all of the assumptions about people's motivations that are being bandied about in this thread.
[snapback]218586[/snapback]​
I actually think gender has a bigger part than you think. Lets face it, this is basically an old mens club. (Honey dont hit me) So when an uppity women comes in, speaks her mind, says things that some here to close minded to read, then there are going to be plenty of people who will dislike it. I bet if the gender was reversed, there would be less total votes, why, because men dont care what other men say nearly as much as they do when a woman says it. But that is my opinion, which honestly has nothing to do with the fact that my baby is the subject of the poll.

Even if Nay Sayers were at 85%, Fu(k em. That's the beauty of free speech, independant thought, and the right to pursue one's happiness in any way he or she chooses. If it is illegal, then the cops deal w/ it. If it is bad for the board, then a moderator deals w/ it. Other than that who freakin cares - have some fun and don't take life so seriously.

Just my $.02,
- C

Blue Dragon said:
Even if Nay Sayers were at 85%, Fu(k em. That's the beauty of free speech, independant thought, and the right to pursue one's happiness in any way he or she chooses. If it is illegal, then the cops deal w/ it. If it is bad for the board, then a moderator deals w/ it. Other than that who freakin cares - have some fun and don't take life so seriously.

Just my $.02,
- C
[snapback]218595[/snapback]​

Agreed; I don't see the point of her exile, but hey, that's her choice too.