• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Browns Fire GM

Breedy

Busted
Thanks for the Laughs

Well the Browns have sacrificed someone, does it end here or is Mangini next?

All I can really say, is locally "they" have been talking up Bernie Kosar having an increased role with the team. Now that he is sober and off the pills, he really stood out in calling the pre-season games in my opinion.

Is this the answer??? Probably not, but oh well...... Wait till next year :0

I think Mangini may be next. Honestly though, Kosar is probably their best option at QB.......
rolleyes.gif
ohmy.gif

Mangini is next. It was a bad move when they brought him in, and looks even worse in retrospect. Jets are one of the darlings of the league with a rookie QB. Mangini has taken a bad team and made them even worse.

Lerner is completely incompetent. He needs a real football guy, not a hometown hero whose been out of the game for 15 years and never held a front office job. Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, Romeo and Mangini sheesh...... How about Shanahan, Holmgren, Fassell

No, it will be Bernie Kosar as GM and some former assistant new HC. At least five more years of ineptitude. Then Lerner will blame it on Cleveland not supporting the team and sell it.

Mangina is gone, what compelled them to hire him is beyond me. The GM deserves it if he was instrumental in his hiring!

If they could just lure Millen out of his commentary job. :laugh: It's tough to say, but I honestly think they are in a worse position than the Lions. I was a Browns fan in the 80s and would like to see them do well again, but I think it will be a long wait.

It seems as though the league has become polorized between good teams and horrible ones. There's always been one or two teams that have been perceived as doormats. This year there's a herd of them. Tampa, St. Louis, Oakland, Detroit, Tennessee, Cleveland, Buffalo.

On the other side, there's always been one or two dominant teams. This year? Wow. Indy, New Orleans, Denver, Minnesota(!), Cincinnati(!!), New England, Pittsburgh.

How many blow-outs have there been already? Parity has failed.

Cleveland has been rebuilding for ten years. Face it, that teams foundation is seriously cracked. Perhaps cleaning house from top to bottom is the only answer. As much as it pains me to say this, the Cleveland Browns fans deserve better. They're just as loyal and intense (although absolutely misguided) as Steeler fans.

It seems as though the league has become polorized between good teams and horrible ones. There's always been one or two teams that have been perceived as doormats. This year there's a herd of them. Tampa, St. Louis, Oakland, Detroit, Tennessee, Cleveland, Buffalo.

On the other side, there's always been one or two dominant teams. This year? Wow. Indy, New Orleans, Denver, Minnesota(!), Cincinnati(!!), New England, Pittsburgh.

How many blow-outs have there been already? Parity has failed.

Cleveland has been rebuilding for ten years. Face it, that teams foundation is seriously cracked. Perhaps cleaning house from top to bottom is the only answer. As much as it pains me to say this, the Cleveland Browns fans deserve better. They're just as loyal and intense (although absolutely misguided) as Steeler fans.

*wiping away tear*

At the end of the day I think that is what it really boils down to. All I want is "improvement". If we "compete" and lose so be it, but dropped balls, lack of a plan, it really makes it hard to support a team. I think Lerner is starting to realize that fans will eventually stop coming. I wouldn't be suprised to see the late season, cold weather games black out.

We Browns fans are a hearty bunch. No matter what product is put on the field we will put our butts in the seats to watch it. When we win, we talk about how great we are. When we lose, we complain about how bad we are. When we didn't have a team we bitched about Art Modell. No matter what the situation, we still buy the shirts, read the papers, and talk the talk.

I wonder if Brian Sipe still puts his hands in his pants to keep them warm! LOL

Cheers,

Tony

We Browns fans are a hearty bunch. No matter what product is put on the field we will put our butts in the seats to watch it. When we win, we talk about how great we are. When we lose, we complain about how bad we are. When we didn't have a team we bitched about Art Modell. No matter what the situation, we still buy the shirts, read the papers, and talk the talk.

I wonder if Brian Sipe still puts his hands in his pants to keep them warm! LOL

Cheers,

Tony

Amen brother. Even after 15 years of living down south, can't shake the roots!

I wonder if Brian Sipe still puts his hands in his pants to keep them warm!
LOL

Cheers,

Tony

He wasn't doing that to keep his hands warm, he was looking for a set of nuts.

The sad part of this is that the Browns fans are left to talk about Mangini, Kokinis, the players, the coaches, the fans, the history, blah, blah, blah.....when in fact the cancer still lives in the organization! You couldn't write a book on "how not to run a franchise" that would read better than Lerner's time as owner of the Browns!

No "czar" is going to accept a position with a head coach in place, unless he is 100% certain that Mangini is the answer. It's a lose-lose situation for a GM/President to come in and have to fire a head coach with less than a year in place.

You couldn't write a book on "how not to run a franchise" that would read better than Lerner's time as owner of the Browns!

Again, as the resident Bengals fan, we put the hideous actions of Mike Brown against any other owner or GM in the league. We just cannot stand by silently when someone else claims to have the worst owner or GM. :blush:

Too many bee dogs root for the Browns. They are bound to fail just because of that.

You couldn't write a book on "how not to run a franchise" that would read better than Lerner's time as owner of the Browns!

Again, as the resident Bengals fan, we put the hideous actions of Mike Brown against any other owner or GM in the league. We just cannot stand by silently when someone else claims to have the worst owner or GM. :blush:

But Mike Brown has generated a couple SB teams and a couple bridesmaids, Lerner has absolutely nothing to his claim but failures.

But Mike Brown has generated a couple SB teams and a couple bridesmaids, Lerner has absolutely nothing to his claim but failures.

Actually, Mike Brown followed his father (the great Paul Brown, uh hmm, I am Stuart Paul Brown for a reason), to two Super Bowls. Mike and his sister, Katie, did nothing to pilot those teams. Since his father died the team has scratched out ONE winning record - the ill fated Carson Palmer knee injury loss to the Steelers. ONE WINNING RECORD SINCE PAUL BROWN DIED IN 1991. There is ample reason to hate Lerner but please speak with full disrespect of Mike Brown. 18 long years of suffering under this loser has given us a right to claim him as the worst and I will argue that with anyone! :laugh:

Actually, Mike Brown followed his father (the great Paul Brown, uh hmm, I am Stuart Paul Brown for a reason), to two Super Bowls. Mike and his sister, Katie, did nothing to pilot those teams. Since his father died the team has scratched out ONE winning record - the ill fated Carson Palmer knee injury loss to the Steelers. ONE WINNING RECORD SINCE PAUL BROWN DIED IN 1991. There is ample reason to hate Lerner but please speak with full disrespect of Mike Brown. 18 long years of suffering under this loser has given us a right to claim him as the worst and I will argue that with anyone! :laugh:

I stand corrected