• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bruno

Golfanatic

The Biggest Newbie on CP
I just saw this movie. It was funny but very stupid and offensive (not to me) but 12 people got up and left the theater.

I just saw this movie. It was funny but very stupid and offensive (not to me) but 12 people got up and left the theater.

This is definitely one of those movies that I'll wait until it comes on showtime or HBO to see. Borat was funny IMO, but not worth spending money to watch and for some reason I don't see this movie being much different.

Maybe they were Brunosexuals.

Sounds like I'll wait till the kids spend the money to rent it lol.

*lets hope it doesn't come on on-demand too soon!*

I absolutely LOVED Borat so I'm hoping this will be another good one. The sheer "shock-and-awe" factor is great.

Borat was 100% better than Bruno.

I was talking to a guy from work this morning and he said the same exact thing! I'm a little disappointed because I really want to see this movie... guess I'll have to see it for myself. And I was also told that a few people did get up and leave half way through the movie because it was very crude... Can't wait! I'm sure I'll enjoy this more than Twilight, oh gawd I don't want to even mention that!

Man, I guess my taste in comedy is different, but I thought Bruno was better than Borat. I laughed almost the whole movie, it was really great.

Man, I guess my taste in comedy is different, but I thought Bruno was better than Borat. I laughed almost the whole movie, it was really great.

We always thought you were a little "off" :D

Yea Bruno seemed lacking when compared to Borat.... just not that great

The commercials were enough to make me puke......it's not one I will be watching.

I have to agree with Joe, very funny movie. I am not sure that I would say it was funnier than Borat but it creates the same kind of laughter...that uneasy type of shock sort of laughter. It is not for the faint of heart though.

I didn't really care for borat. I watched the hangover last night and it was funny as hell.

well saw Bruno today. Went with my wife, a friend and his wife and a gay couple. most of it was funny in a but the gay couple were embarassed in a big way. after the movie my buddie and his wife said it was funny and they could not stop laughing but it was a movie they would only watch once. it was a little disturbing in a couple places and the gay couple was embarassed because in some of the scenes they felt that some folks would think that is really how they enjoyed themselves. the asian gay man was particuraly embarassed(those that saw the movie will understand why). it was the first time the gay couple met my friend and his wife.

in short it was Funny but man wrong on so many levels.

I watched this movie last night with my girlfriend and I thought this movie so so, it had it's moments. I still liked Borat much better. Within the first 10 minutes of the movie, at least 4 people walked out!

I hated it. I love Borat, and yeah, I thought it was a much, but it was great.

Bruno was a cheap rip off. They followed the same plot, but instead of great comedy from Borat, it was just smut. I don't see how the hell this movie doesn't have an NC-17 rating. If it hadn't had been for the other people we had went with, I believe me and Ms KB would have gotten up and walked out.

There were some funny parts, but over all, just gross and fowl.
icon8.gif

I thought it was OK, but it just seemed like a bunch of very crude segments thrown together. Not that I went to see it for a cinema masterpiece, but there was absolutely no flow, so it just seemed like they wanted to see how many things they could get away with and threw them all together.

I was a big fan of Borat, and this didn't live up to my expectations. I was very surprised, though, that on Sunday night of its first weekend that there were only perhaps 20 people in the theater to see it. I expected alot more.

Heh, did some of you not know what to expect? I loved both seasons of Da Ali G show, and all his movies... They certainly require a strong stomach, and you have to understand that he is really just some smart guy with brass balls ;) Everything in jest!