• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BTAC

4thecrue

For those of you who anticipate the release of the BTAC every year like me thought I'd let ya know it is in the MD area. Both of my regular spots have all of the line in. Only bummer is that it has gone up 5 bucks a bottle this year. I was lucky enough to nab a case of the Stagg and the ER 17. Might have to go back and get a single of the Sazerac as I hear it is quite good.

D

Everything but the Stagg has made it here. I have three bottles of that reserved when it does arrive, and will probably pick up at least one bottle of the Sazerac 18.

~Boar

I've read that the Weller and Stagg are a step up from last year so I plan to stock up on those. I still have a bottle of the 2008 Saz so I don't think I'll get more of it...I don't see how it can be better since all the Saz 18 being bottled right now has been sitting in steel tanks so it doesn't mature anymore. I also read that the ER17 was a step down this year from recent releases.

I've read that the Weller and Stagg are a step up from last year so I plan to stock up on those. I still have a bottle of the 2008 Saz so I don't think I'll get more of it...I don't see how it can be better since all the Saz 18 being bottled right now has been sitting in steel tanks so it doesn't mature anymore. I also read that the ER17 was a step down this year from recent releases.

Damn and I normally get a case of the Weller but didnt because I still have alot from last year. I like the ER alot and hope it still is pretty damn good despite what they say. Might have to get at least a single of the Weller too if what you say is true.

D

I managed some samples of this years release and the Weller is the standout IMO. After last years exceptional ER 17 this years seems like a major let down as it went from great to merely very good. The Stagg is about the same level as last year and I haven't really made up my mind about the Saz yet but it doesn't seem to be quite as good as last years version. I did like the Handy and it may be the 2nd best of this years releases. Having just dropped a major wad on something else I hope the BTAC stays around long enough for me to scoop them up.

I didn't really care for last year's Weller that much, but it this year's is better I might give it a try. Just barely finished last year's Saz a month or so ago, but thought it was great stuff.

~Boar

Thanks Guys you just pretty much told me that I will be spending more money on Bourbon. Guess i will be working more OT to cover it. Ray, Midway Inn in Joppa Towne had some of the BTAC from last year up untill a few months ago. So, you might be in luck. But, you know how these things go. They might hold some for you if you ask.

Damon

Agreed the ER17 last year was and is outstanding. I have a bottle of each BTAC from 07 that I also enjoyed quite a bit. But, the damned NH liquor stores prevent shipping on lots of goodies.

I might/will have to take a drive and get this years release, Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

Just found out that NH will be getting in at various stores though so some patch work on this.

I picked up a bottle of each, have them sealed up until I finish the previous years, which might be a while, lol.

I was able to pick up two bottles of the Weller. I had just a glass left from last years open bottle so I finished that and thought it was a good time to open a new one. So I've had this years ER, Stagg and now Weller. I think The Stagg is may fav but after having the Weller 08 and 09 back to back the 09 is clearly better. I initially held out on the Weller since I thought last years was just ok but I'm glad i picked up the two from this year!!

Damon

The Weller and Stagg were my favorites last year. We still don't have the new BTAC here yet but it usually takes a month to get here after most other places have it. I plan to get Weller and Stagg only this year.

Went in debt and scooped up a set today. $300 out the door for all 5. I hope that the prices hold for a while since its gone up by over 30% in the last few years.

Picked up my case of Stagg today! :thumbs:

Down with flu, though. My first taste of it might be a hot toddy.

~Boar

Went in debt and scooped up a set today. $300 out the door for all 5. I hope that the prices hold for a while since its gone up by over 30% in the last few years.

They are currently priced at $52 a bottle here in NH, I believe I paid $47 last. but, yes they have certainly increased in the last 4years. What are you going to do though, they are fast becoming a pre-holiday / Holiday staple. As of now, I plan on grabbing a bottle of ER17, Stagg, and possibly the Weller.

Anybody else crack these bad boys open and give them a go? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this years rendition.

Speaking of hot toddy's anybody have a solid recipe. I am under the weather as well and would definitely be in the mood tonight.

At long last my patience has been rewarded . . . :love:

btac1.jpg

~Boar

Picked up a couple bottle's this morning. Ended up with the ER17, and a Stagg. For those that have not heard the The Stagg is checking in at a hefty 141 proof.

The store I went to did not have the Weller or I probably would have grabbed that instead of the ER17.

Will post my thoughts on the Stagg once I get over this damn cold.

They finally arrived in Dallas and I got a bottle of the Weller and the Stagg. Can't wait to try each...probably this weekend.