• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BTLs and Opus in Irving TX

Carps

I went to Dallas for work for a couple days last week. After a great meal at Nick and Sam's I headed to Cool River Cafe for a drink because one of the guys I was with said it was a great scotch bar, so he read in whisky magazine. I didnt plan on smoking any cigars during the trip and I was not very optimistic about what cigars I would find in the humidor in the cigar lounge at the Cafe. To my amazement they had 6 or 7 types of opus and a box of BTLs. I asked for the cigar menu and the BTLs were $90 for 1 and you guessed it, I bought 3 :laugh: :laugh: jk I think the cheapest opus was a PL for $65. Also, the scotch selection was poor. I have to go back in a couple weeks and this time I will bring my own sticks with me. I was reading the post about the new guy with $48 opus and it reminded me of this.

edit to add "jk"

That is fuggin nuts

Did you thank them for the 1000% markup :laugh:

I went to Dallas for work for a couple days last week. After a great meal at Nick and Sam's I headed to Cool River Cafe for a drink because one of the guys I was with said it was a great scotch bar, so he read in whisky magazine. I didnt plan on smoking any cigars during the trip and I was not very optimistic about what cigars I would find in the humidor in the cigar lounge at the Cafe. To my amazement they had 6 or 7 types of opus and a box of BTLs. I asked for the cigar menu and the BTLs were $90 for 1 and you guessed it, I bought 3 :laugh: :laugh: I think the cheapest opus was a PL for $65. Also, the scotch selection was poor. I have to go back in a couple weeks and this time I will bring my own sticks with me. I was reading the post about the new guy with $48 opus and it reminded me of this.

:0 :0 :0 Holy chit man!

edit for wrong emoticon

Hey, they have to mark them up some to cover the cost of the vaseline that had damn well better come with them!

You didn't seriously pay that did you?

Hell no! I should of brought mine and told any crazy guy who went for one that he is out of his fuggin mind and that I will sell him mine for $45 :laugh: or any of the opus for 1/2 price :laugh:

I went to Dallas for work for a couple days last week. After a great meal at Nick and Sam's I headed to Cool River Cafe for a drink because one of the guys I was with said it was a great scotch bar, so he read in whisky magazine. I didnt plan on smoking any cigars during the trip and I was not very optimistic about what cigars I would find in the humidor in the cigar lounge at the Cafe. To my amazement they had 6 or 7 types of opus and a box of BTLs. I asked for the cigar menu and the BTLs were $90 for 1 and you guessed it, I bought 3 :laugh: :laugh: I think the cheapest opus was a PL for $65. Also, the scotch selection was poor. I have to go back in a couple weeks and this time I will bring my own sticks with me. I was reading the post about the new guy with $48 opus and it reminded me of this.

Hell no! I should of brought mine and told any crazy guy who went for one that he is out of his fuggin mind and that I will sell him mine for $45 :laugh: or any of the opus for 1/2 price :laugh:

So you did or didn't buy any. It was only $270 though... :whistling:

So you did or didn't buy any. It was only $270 though... :whistling:

of course when I said "I bought 3" I was kidding

I went to Cool River when I was in Lewisville on business. It's an okay place to hang, but I wouldn't consider it a cigar bar, not based on what I saw. When I was there, the place was packed and they had a band on stage that made the atmosphere, uh, how should I say, less than conducive to enjoying a fine smoke.

I went to Cool River when I was in Lewisville on business. It's an okay place to hang, but I wouldn't consider it a cigar bar, not based on what I saw. When I was there, the place was packed and they had a band on stage that made the atmosphere, uh, how should I say, less than conducive to enjoying a fine smoke.

The actual cigar lounge wasnt bad because it was a seperate room and I guess you can bring your own smokes. I believe you can smoke in the restaurant Nick and Sam's, so next time I will tell my coworker I have cigars with me and to stay at the restaurant instead of going out to Irving.

Damn that's nuts!! I've never seen one and want to try it, but no where near that price.

I lived in Los Colinas Irving for over two years. My B&M was Up In Smoke on Macarthur Blvd. Decent prices and nice selection. I got to know the staff well and they treated me right. Went to Cool River once but didn't have any cigars. Ate the Cowboy ribeye though. :D Just brought back a ton of memories for me thinking about Texas.

Yeah - What Frank said! Serves you right for not lookin' up the DFW crew. ;)
Helluva steak at Nick n Sam's though? My favorite steak place & they treat me well.

If they treat you so well, why have you not taken me there for dinner. I will be coming home next week, so I expect dinner!

Yeah - What Frank said! Serves you right for not lookin' up the DFW crew. ;)
Helluva steak at Nick n Sam's though? My favorite steak place & they treat me well.

your right. Although, I didnt have much free time because I was with colleagues. Nick and Sam's was awesome and if we would have ordered everything the server suggested the bill would have been through the moon :whistling: . I knew what I was going to order before I left Philly, which was a cowboy ribeye bone-in and it was fantastic. I will keep you posted on the next trips details.