• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Build me the ultimate sampler

22jdub

I've been searching every sampler that I can find on-line to find a mix of the brands that I'd like to try and I'm not really finding one that excites me. So I've decided to just build my own. I have an idea of what its going to consist of but I figured I'd ask the experts here. I'm relatively new to this and haven't really developed much of a taste for anything particular so its pretty wide open (just not something that will knock me on my a$$ on the first draw;)

Criteria:
6 cigars total
Avg price around $6 ($36 total)
Medium-full body sticks
Nothing infused or flavored (I've sampled quite a few of these already.

It's been too cold to smoke here in MI (although its been pretty dang warm for Jan/Feb) but I'm looking to have some sticks to take along on vacation in April, so I've got some time. Thanks for any input offered!

J

I just gave this same advice to someone else on the board today, call Uptown Isy, he will put together something to suit your specific taste that fits your budget. You can contact him here, online at Uptown cigars, or call him at 561-640-5336. You won't be disappointed.

I just gave this same advice to someone else on the board today, call Uptown Isy, he will put together something to suit your specific taste that fits your budget. You can contact him here, online at Uptown cigars, or call him at 561-640-5336. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks! I may end up doing that but I'd like to get multiple peoples input. If I really had developed a super specific taste, I would just call. But at this point I want to keep an open mind.

Thanks! I may end up doing that but I'd like to get multiple peoples input. If I really had developed a super specific taste, I would just call. But at this point I want to keep an open mind.

Give Isy a call. Even though you haven't developed a specific taste yet, he will ask you some general questions to get an idea of what you would like. He then will create a custom sampler for you.

I did this with him last year for x-mas, I told him I had x-amount of money to spend, he asked things like what I usually smoke, what labels I like, what flavors I like in a cigar (leather, earthy, vanilla, caramel, that kind of thing), strength profile I like, and a few other questions that I can't remember. He created a sampler for me with about 10 or so sticks in it and they were all really good.

I am sure that you could do this with many of the other vendors on here, I just really liked Isy from the first time I talked to him on the phone. I look forward to the day that I will be able to meet him in person and shake his hand.

ETA - You are being a bit vague on your requirements. What do you currently smoke and enjoy? It will be a lot easier to give you ideas for a sampler if we know what you like cigar wise. For example, some people might suggest something like a La Aroma De Cuba stick, but if you have had that label and didn't like it our suggestion would not be of any assistance to you.

ETA #2 - You might also want to take a look at the cigar reviews that have been done here. There are a lot of them, but they might help in your quest for the ultimate sampler.

Thanks for the tips 2k, the reason I wasn't very specific is that I really haven't tried many labels. I've smoked quite a few over the last year, but it was usually with a friend who would bring them to the golf course or to a bbq, so I really don't even know which one's I've tried. I have tried quite a few Drew Estate's this fall, I liked the Java and the Acid Kuba Kuba, The infused cigars are ok for "once in a while" but that's about it. If I had to take a stab at flavors I'd lean toward chocolate, earthy, not so much peppery. I've read a ton of reviews and that is what I have built my "own" list from, but i was just curious to see what others would have to say but I'll guess I'll just go with what I've gathered from the reviews or give Isy a call. Thanks

Isy is a great choice. Also take a look into the newbie sampler trade thread.

I'd take a Pepin JJ robusto, Fuente Chateau Sun Grown, Padron 3000 maduro, Fuente Short Story, La Gloria Cubana Wavell, and a Trinidad robusto. There you have some suggestions. Have a good weekend!

Here's my list

Padron 2000
Fuente flor de fina 858 Maduro
Fuente short story maduro
Perdomo champagne noir 10th anniversary
H Upmann Cameroon robusto
Oliva V torpedo

This is trying to stick to, or under your target price. These are all "GO TO" worthy cigars, for me. Good solid, consistent, well made, no surprise cigars.

DPG Vegas Cubanas Invicto
Padron Delicias Maduro
Padron Delicias Natural
Chateau Fuente Maduro Rothschild
LFD Chisel Maduro
JR Ultimate Corona Eq Sum

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Seeing a few I've had on the radar so good stuff.