• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Building a cooleridor

hooiserguy

fellow newbie
Whats the best wat to humifiy a 120 qt. cooler? Been reading about the Viper beads,how do I get them and how to use them? Will theae beads reduce the amount of maintenance on the humi? If some one can help it would be great.
I think I will pm viper and see what he says in the meantime.

Viper has a link to his online store in his sig and profile. Get those beads! They are by far the easiest and simplest way to maintain any humidor.

the best way to go... the beads are awesome! In my 100qt I didn't have to add H2O to mine but every 2nd week or so... and that was with a daily open to get a good whiff of that awesome smell...

Maintanance is basically nil with the beads... get a remote hygometer and when the RH dips a couple-three percent, time to add some distilled H2O. Other than that- that's it!

Swissy said:
the best way to go... the beads are awesome! In my 100qt I didn't have to add H2O to mine but every 2nd week or so... and that was with a daily open to get a good whiff of that awesome smell...

Maintanance is basically nil with the beads... get a remote hygometer and when the RH dips a couple-three percent, time to add some distilled H2O. Other than that- that's it!
[snapback]265879[/snapback]​

Whats the remote hygrometer?

np.. it was Swissy's suggestion originally. You might want to check out the Oregon Scientific version as well. Do a search for remote hygrometer or oregon scientific you never know what you'll find.

purchased a remote hygrometer today Radio Shack had nice one for $50.00 that is expandable by adding more sensors to the controler (3 I think is max) It seem to be working good.I let you how it goes! Thanks guy's for the advice :thumbs:

Have you tried Prestone or another type of anti-freeze? :sign:

But seriously, here's another vote for how well Viper's beads work. Very low maintainance, all I have to do is add a little distilled water once every couple months during the winter since our humidity outside is so low.

Hey Gonz, if you leave the door of your coolerdor open (sig tag), the beads won't work! :laugh:

It took quite a bit of a half assed rig just to get the door to stay open for the pic! Otherwise it thankfully will close (not seal though) on it's own.

I would post a pict of the cooler I did,but I cant figure out how to post the dam picture?