• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bundled cigars, aren't they supposed to be round?

Gonz

Ultra Runner
Just out of curiosity, since I've seen this at the local shop, and on a recent package that I was forwarding (newbie trade).

The cigars, since packed in essentially a rectangle formation, have each assumed that same shape, and are no longer round. Especially this shipment from cigar bid, the bundles were vacuum packed so tight that I'm concerned the sticks will never be round again.

What do you have to do, once received, to get the smokes back to their regular round shape?

bundled cigars are by nature not the best quality. once a cigar assumes a certain shape you can't try to make it more round (well I guess you could make it more square).

the shape of the cross-section of the cigar isn't going to affect the taste one way or another, just smoke em.

Are you sure they weren't box pressed? During some stages of cigar making the cigars are pressed into a square. I've seen box presses on bundles before.

If every cigar seems to take on a fairly consistent rectangle shape then they were probably pressed, otherwise it could just be from shipment...

Perhaps that's the case, they were box pressed, since it appeared as if every cigar had essentially the same shape.

Strange, I never imagined a square cigar. Learn something new every day!