• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Busy weekend!

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
Well, I had one hell of a busy weekend. First I took the girl and headed up to Panaca, NV to volunteer at National Public Lands day and get a bunch of research done about Panaca, Pioche and Caliente for my 4th year studio. Camped out at cathedral gorge state park:
IMG_9392.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

All kinds of these slot caves, you can go in quite far in a bunch of them, kinda cool looking up from inside too.
IMG_9320.jpg

IMG_9315.jpg

IMG_9328.jpg

IMG_9332.jpg

Lots of old mining equipment and stuff around the area, just cool old shit
IMG_9245.jpg

IMG_9248.jpg

IMG_9253.jpg

IMG_9285.jpg

I guess I cannot post the rest of my pictures in a reply below this, site says I have too many...

P.S. I posted a bunch of pictures, but they are hosted on photobucket, I think this is acceptable, but I'm not sure...if this still has a big effect on the site let me know, I'll change them to links! I know we're not supposed to attach a bunch of non-cigar pictures...but I think this works different?

It looks like it was a fun weekend too, those slot caves look awesome I would love to see something like that on a weekend trip.

bahaha, I think i can finish my post now...

As I said, if this isn't good for the site, let me know, I'll change em to links.

The "Million Dollar Courthouse." They built it back in the 1800's when Pioche was booming, basically ended upside down on the loan and got screwed. took them forever to pay off and after all the interest and issues they had it ended up costing over 800,000 dollars. Hence, the million dollar courthouse.
IMG_9295.jpg

We hiked a ton after we helped the state parks folks paint a bridge. I'm working with the parks and BLM folks to get some trails put in around the rim of cathedral gorge.
IMG_9433.jpg

IMG_9431.jpg

Hiking was a pain in the ass off the trails, there was Cryptobiotic soil everywhere! I couldn't step off the deer or rabbit trails... (it's soil crust... basically endangered dirt)
IMG_9412.jpg

Got some neat pictures of the new car, I dunno...
IMG_9404.jpg

IMG_9402.jpg

anyway, just some cool pictures of Lincoln County, NV. Figured I'd share.

P.S. I posted a bunch of pictures, but they are hosted on photobucket, I think this is acceptable, but I'm not sure...if this still has a big effect on the site let me know, I'll change them to links! I know we're not supposed to attach a bunch of non-cigar pictures...but I think this works different?

Looks like you had a blast. Aren't there alot of little critters out there?

Looks like you had a blast. Aren't there alot of little critters out there?

Yeah! We were hiking and saw a ton of cottontails and hares, a whole pack (heard?) of deer, all sorts of lizards, beetles, scorpions, a huge tarantula, hawks, it was pretty cool.