• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Butz Choquin or Nording?

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I am buying one more pipe for my rotation before winter sets in. I can get a Butz-Choquin Star C or a Nording Classic or Traditional pipe for the same price. I know it's mostly aesthetics, and I like them both equally. The BC is a sale deal, so I am tempted to get it while it's at this price as I'll likely purchase both down the road. However, I hear a lot about Nording's and their great value as a smoking pipe.

Can I go wrong here?

The Nording Traditional line has some awesome pipes.

but my vote is for a churchwarden ;-)

Have you considered any of the Savinelli lines in the same general price range?
Damn good briars for the money.

As for the Nording/BC question I'm going with the danish carver 90% of the time.

I've only had one BC and I didn't like it, mostly because of the (what looked like) varnished finish.

On the other hand, I've got several Nording's in different grades and like all of them.

YMMV.

Thanks for the advice, fellas. I've considered the Savinelli line and I'll get to it some day. Right now, this is the last pipe I'm going to buy for awhile and these were the two that really caught my eye right now. I love the looks of the Nording pipes and they have a great reputation. I hadn't heard much about BC, maybe there's a reason why...

:)

OK, I chose neither. I got a Stanwell Colonial 19. Someone bought the Nording I was looking to buy and I saw the Stanwell on another site and I could get free shipping with them. Threw in a tin of Blackwoods Flake, Autumn Evening, and Westminster to round out the order.

Savinelli and Nording are both on my Christmas list... :cool:

Thanks for all the advice! (Even though I really didn't follow it!)