• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying my first cubans

lineskier53

So I'm at a study abroad in Oxford for three weeks and planned on picking up a few cubans to have while I'm here and was hoping I could get some suggestions. Currently the only cuban I've ever had was a RJ Romeo No. 3, which was actually my first cigar ever. I liked it, but I'd like to explore some others, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I'm at a study abroad in Oxford for three weeks and planned on picking up a few cubans to have while I'm here and was hoping I could get some suggestions. Currently the only cuban I've ever had was a RJ Romeo No. 3, which was actually my first cigar ever. I liked it, but I'd like to explore some others, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

A good lawyer!

<Boli Corona Extra / Cohiba Siglo III / Partagas Series D no 4>

I'd ask questions when you're there, just some advice. Posting these type of questions on a public forum, might not be the best thing to do.

I think he is there already and wants to smoke them there. Not bring them back, maybe wrong but that's how I read it.

I think he is there already and wants to smoke them there. Not bring them back, maybe wrong but that's how I read it.

Do you understand the concept of EMBARGO? or these : Trading with the Enemy? Cuban Democracy Act? Helms-Burton Act?

Rod...can we get a FACE PALM smiley?

Chet...as an American traveling in any foreign country that trades with Cuba, it's illegal for that American citizen to buy & smoke a CC in that country.

Not unless something changed I don't know about.

If you're going to be there for 3 weeks, and can get away with it, try them all. :D

Chet...as an American traveling in any foreign country that trades with Cuba, it's illegal for that American citizen to buy & smoke a CC in that country.

Ok sorry didn't know that never left the country.

I actually thought it was fair game so long as I didn't bring them back in the country but what you guys are saying makes sense. I'll ask around at the cigar shops here and see what kinds they suggest though.

This is correct, to the best of my knowledge.

I actually thought it was fair game so long as I didn't bring them back in the country but what you guys are saying makes sense. I'll ask around at the cigar shops here and see what kinds they suggest though.

Or 'search' a little more on here! :whistling:

I like the idea of going in and asking the owner of the shop what his best cuban is or describe what you have liked about non-cubans.

Just get whatever looks good and is within your price limit. Only having had one, it's probably better that you just sample around, anyhow.

Yes, it's illegal. Kinda like jaywalking. :rolleyes:

Kind of like everything else in life. You weigh the risk relative to the rewards. Like cell phones and cancer.