• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying the Proper Device for my Humi

slider9499

I own a fairly large humidor at home and I am having trouble finding the correct device that will keep my sticks stored at the proper temp and humidity. The unit itself is approximately 72"H x 43 1/4"W x 16 3/4"D

Any suggestions on what I should use?
Where to get them?
Cost?

Your BEST bet is going to be Viper beads, Send Mark a note @ Cigarmony.com and tell him the size of your Humi and he will hook you up. As far as temperature goes you might want to research a Thermoelectric cooler.

Beads for humidity control.

As far as temperature, just don't turn the heat up in whatever room you have your humidor in. :laugh:

Vipers beads are known as Heartfelt Beads, and can be purchased at Heartfeltindustries.com .

Check out Vigilant Humidification. Great humidifier for that size cabinet.

I bought a Cigar Oasis XL but it reads between 3 and 4 % lower than the actual humidity.

Billy

You might want to check this site:

Accumonitor

I have their end table sized humidor equipped with the Accumonitor, and it works very well. It is about as "set and forget" as I've seen. Once it stabilized, I only have to add distilled water every 8 - 10 weeks.

You might want to check this site:

Accumonitor

I have their end table sized humidor equipped with the Accumonitor, and it works very well. It is about as "set and forget" as I've seen. Once it stabilized, I only have to add distilled water every 8 - 10 weeks.

Try Bob Staebell, look at his Set & Forget system. It is expensive but worth it and trouble free.

Hell, the Accumonitor isn't cheap. However, its designed for humidification of medium to large cabinets. It can be calibrated and it has an option for 1 minute per hour circulation fans. That makes it about the best money can buy, IMHO. Make some slight modifications on the big version and it'd work for most personal walk-ins.