• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

California Cheese

Maggs44

Reaction score
I have seen alot of ads on tv promoting California Cheese showing happy cows in sunny California and cows in snowy cold Wisconsin trying to "run away" to California.

Well, last week the largest international cheese competition was held and Wisconsin companys produced 17 gold medal cheeses and California won.... ZERO, NADA gold medals. A company in Monroe Wis won 3 golds alone (the first time a single company has won 3 golds in 50 years). They won with havarti, brick (my fav) and peppered feta.

Take that California, we still are the champions and still are the real dairy state.

Cows like warm hands on cold teats in Wisconsin. :p

ROTFLMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

maybe someone out there can send along some of that delicious WI cheese? :whistling:

Do we need to do a Great Cheese Face-off ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:cool:

Lol well I will be visiting family I have in Mauston soon. There dose happen to be a place called the “cheese factory” were they product a fair amount of WI cheese.

You can read the results of the World Championship Cheese Contest HERE. It's very interesting to say the least .... I would have expected to see France, England or even Spain in more categories. Truly more interesting as I read the results, thanks Maggs44

Class 20 Blue Veined Cheeses
Best of Class Uhrenholt A/S Skodborg Mejeri, Ole Brander, Danablu, Skodborg, Denmark,
Second Award Golden Ridge Cheese Co-op, Sara Bahgat, Natural rind blue cheese, Cresco, IA,
USA, 96.90
Third Award Morning Fresh Cheese Co., Brad LaRocco, Morning Fresh blue cheese, Bellvue,
CO, USA, 96.85

Class 22 Brie, Camembert
Best of Class Lactos PTY Ltd, Andy Engwerda, Tasmanian Heritage Signature Camembert,
Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, 99.10
Second Award Marin French Cheese Company, Team Marin French, Yellow Buck camembert,
Petaluma, CA, USA, 97.65
Third Award DAMAFRO, Philippe Bonnet, Le Grand Delice, semi-firm surface ripened, Saint-
Damase, Quebec, CANADA, 96.95

Class 25 Smear Ripened Cheeses
Best of Class Käserei Strauss (St. Ursen) for von Mühlenen Ltd., Franz Jungo, Le Gruyere
Switzerland AOC Premier Cru, Dudingen, Switzerland, 99.70
Second Award Lactos PTY Ltd, Darren Pease, Heidi Farm Raclette, Burnie, Tasmania, Australia,
Third Award Uplands Cheese Company, Inc., Mike Gingrich, Pleasant Ridge Reserve, Alpine
style gruyere, Dodgeville, WI, USA, 99.40

Class 41 Soft Goat’s Milk Cheeses
Best of Class DAMAFRO, Michel Bonnet, Le Biquet Tournevent, plain, soft , unripened pure,
Saint-Damase, Quebec, CANADA, 99.15
Second Award Agropur Fine Cheese Division, Rock Bisson, Chevrita, Montreal-Nord, Quebec,
CANADA, 98.90
Third Award Montchevre Betin Inc., Scott Rood, Crumbled goat cheese, Belmont, WI, USA, 98.20

:cool:

WOW! 50 years huh? I can't believe my cable/sat company did not air that coverage of the cheese championships! Please tell me you TIVO'd it! If so can you send me a copy?

Man it must be cold and boring there in Wisconsin. :laugh:

WOW! 50 years huh? I can't believe my cable/sat company did not air that coverage of the cheese championships! Please tell me you TIVO'd it! If so can you send me a copy?

Sorry, no TiVo, the competition was blacked out in Milwaukee. :laugh:

Sorry, no TiVo, the competition was blacked out in Milwaukee. :laugh:

Damn! Don't you hate that when the event does not sell out and they balck it out in the area. Just like the Raiders out here in Cali.

I would have paid double or triple face to a scalper to get Cheese Championship tickets. :laugh: