• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CALIFORNIA PEOPLE

caf034

Top Striker
I'd like to take a nice 30-60$ bottle of California wine to my aunt in Holland this X-Mas, since your wines don't generally make it out that far. As far as what she generally likes, I've seen her stocking both Beaujolais and Macon-Villages bottles in her home. Oh and she also likes some Spanish wines, Riojas and the like. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Some of the best Merlot I have had in a long time is from Pride Family Vineyards or a very good Cabernet is from Larkmead Vineyards in Napa. Also for a excellent Zinfandel try Karmere in Amador County. Just a few of my favorites........

You will want to take her a bottle of nice Pinot Noir -- either from the Santa Barbara region or from Sonoma maybe. Given her interest in Beaujolais, I think you will make a good impression. Other than that a nice Zinfandel will be an interesting flavor for her, since I don't believe that grape is grown so well anywhere else but California.

Barring all that you could take her a nice California sparkling and really blow her socks off -- Roederer Estate is one of my favorites. Excellent sparkling in the $20-30 range. Get her two bottles!

thanks for the suggestions guys i was thinking along the lines of a zinfandel for the same reason you mentioned. happy holidays.

Well, for Napa Wine there are a lot that can be in that price range.

Silverado Vineyards 2005 Cab is about 45
Shafer Vineyards 2005 Merlot is also around 45
Duckhorn has a Great wine called Paraduxx, also around 45

My two picks are Copola & Rodney Strong - two of my favorites.

i ended up getting the Seghesio Old Vine Zin 2003 and a Niners Sauv. Blanc... i've heard good things about the Zin, but kinda just took a gamble on the Sauv. Blanc, anyone know anything about it?

i ended up getting the Seghesio Old Vine Zin 2003 and a Niners Sauv. Blanc... i've heard good things about the Zin, but kinda just took a gamble on the Sauv. Blanc, anyone know anything about it?

The Seghesio Zin is quite nice and the 03 should very good as well. Haven't had the Niners Sauvignon Blanc, I'm hooked on the Rochioli SB myself.

Now, I'll be bottling my very own label of DCV Zin at the end of the month if anyone is interested ;)

:cool:

I would pick a decent Pinot Noir to send...I think they are one of the better wines out of Californian grapes...IMHO of course.
-Billy