• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CALLING Amateur & Pro Bartenders

Everclear and vodka are the same thing with vodka being cut with water. If Vodka wasn't limited by law to 100 proof one could say that Everclear is 195 proof vodka. One bottle of Everclear is 720ml of alcohol and a 1.75L bottle of 80 proof vodka contains 700ml of alcohol. Just get 2 bottles of Everclear and then refill one of them with water and dump that in and you'll have the same result.

Here are a couple:

Pumpkin Piss:

This seems appropriate around Halloween, and it is ghoulish:

1 full fifth bottle of Everclear Grain Alcohol (yes, I know some states have banned it - go to Kentucky, it's like a family tradition there)
1 full 1.75 liter bottle of cheap vodka - Glenmore comes to mind because a 1.75 liter costs less than a fifth of Smirnoff

AVB, you are right about them being the same thing but Everclear is more expensive per ounce than the Glenmore or Skol Vodkas. The recipe was generated when pennies were pinched and Everclear was more expensive by the ounce. (i.e., two bottles of Everclear is more expensive than one bottle of Everclear with one bottle of cheap rotten vodka). The money math favors my recipe while the logic favors yours. There is also something that is traditional about using the different bottles.

I suppose using your logic would allow those in states where pure grain alcohol is illegal to create a similar vodka drink.

Similar sorta since there would be 2,100ml of water using two 1.75L bottles of Vodka and only 810ml of water using two bottles of Everclear plus the extra 750ml dump of water. Using one Everclear and one Vodka results in 1080ml of water from the two. Once it's watered down it is hard to up the proof again.

I suppose using your logic would allow those in states where pure grain alcohol is illegal to create a similar vodka drink.

Dirty Cuban

make a basic Mojito with a few adjustments
1. Use Havana club Anejo (dark) rum
2. Instead of simple suryup, switch it up with fresh ginger and brown sugar in the suryup