• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling out Chris28054 - What to do?

Sell the bottles for break even. If he comes back crying about his deposit, tell him to go scratch.

I will say this and it will be something to ponder on. I was scheduled to see my best friend last year before I had my 11th surgery. We was going to spend a few days chilling together. I talked to him on Wed night and I got the phone call he passed away in his sleep the next day. If his family wouldn't have called me, I may not have known what happened to him. You never know. Before you start a lynch mob, you may want to learn all the facts.

I wrote Ray on several points and I think he will agree with them. I would hate to see Ray get burned, but we simply do not know all the facts yet. And I'm, sure he could get
someone to buy the bottles in question. Depending on what they are.

Loren we know the guy has a history of doing this per the other thread, this is just a longer stretch of delinquency than in the past. You may still be right but it isn't like this is his first dance.

Sell the bottles for break even. If he comes back crying about his deposit, tell him to go scratch.

I will say this and it will be something to ponder on. I was scheduled to see my best friend last year before I had my 11th surgery. We was going to spend a few days chilling together. I talked to him on Wed night and I got the phone call he passed away in his sleep the next day. If his family wouldn't have called me, I may not have known what happened to him. You never know. Before you start a lynch mob, you may want to learn all the facts.

I wrote Ray on several points and I think he will agree with them. I would hate to see Ray get burned, but we simply do not know all the facts yet. And I'm, sure he could get

Considering Chris's history of disappearing, I wouldn't count on it. He hasn't posted since December when he disappeared on a sale and offered a half ass explanation. I understand your point, but I'm wiling to bet that's not the case.

Sell the product at cost + shipping. Hold his money. Send a certified letter to him and yourself requesting he contact you about the return of his funds. Set an expiration date after which the funds will be considered abandoned. Don't open your copy of the mailing.

Option 5. Sell the bottles at regular price and send him back his deposit. Don't lower yourself to aothers level, Ray.

One of the things he didn't include with his down payment was an address. I was asking about that too in the unanswered correspondence. Sending anything is not an option at the moment.

For all of you who are saying Call, send letters etc. It is not my job to unf@#k his life. I have made a number of attempts to contact him in the approved manner that I contact all my participants with no reply. My time is worth something too and dicking around with this gratis ain't gonna cut it.

Another choice would be to drink the whole bottle and send him a box with horse head in it (flat rate obv).

Sell the product at cost + shipping. Hold his money. Send a certified letter to him and yourself requesting he contact you about the return of his funds. Set an expiration date after which the funds will be considered abandoned. Don't open your copy of the mailing.

Sending the letter to one's self is something that was often done for a variety of reasons. I don't think it's worth a grain of salt for much of anything anymore. It was often done by those attempting to "economically" protect intellectual property of some sort and from what I understand almost never holds up in court or any venue where a ruling is to be made.

Considering Chris's history of disappearing, I wouldn't count on it. He hasn't posted since December when he disappeared on a sale and offered a half ass explanation. I understand your point, but I'm wiling to bet that's not the case.

I heard the other side of the story now. I first wanted to give Chris a chance on the basis of you just never know what is going on. But Ray has cleared it up in a PM and yeah, I'd agree that its pretty messed up on Chris's part. It would sound like he has burnt his last bridge with this ordeal. If he hasn't, then its the community's fault for allowing him on deals from here on out.

If someone will buy the bottles at your cost, then do that and keep his money until such a time as you can return it.

I'd love to say keep the money and offer the bottles at your cost minus his deposit, so someone gets a great deal out of all of this, but I think the first way is better. :) If they won't sell at all, then maybe do it this way.

Another example of how one guy ruins it for everyone, though. Now any newer guys that want to get in on buys will have to submit a non-refundable deposit, address, phone number, next-of-kin, hair and blood sample and nakid pictures for blackmail purposes later on... ;)

-John

Option #5: Return the money. Sell the bottles for what you paid for them and break even. We ban the SOB and put him on the scumbag/bad traders list. This is assuming the bottles would be easy to turn over. If not Option #3.

Doc.
Yep. You have enough solid traders on this board that I'll bet the bottles will be fairly easy to turn. Ban / Scumbag his ass at that point.

Keep his cash for now - he may crawl back at some point and a refund relieves you of any obligation he may try to imply exists.

Ray...send him his money back and that's that. Then sell the bottles here.

While I think it's very nice of you to order all these bottles with a 50% deposit, I think you should require the items be paid in full before ordering anything in the future.

What's the difference if you pay up front or a few weeks later? Your exposure should be eliminated for all the effort you put out.

Without an address, sending a refund isn't possible. Sorry you have to deal with this as your buys are greatly appreciated, Ray.

My opinion would be to hold the money, sell the bottles at cost and see if he reappears. Either way the scumbag/bad trader list seems appropriate.

Sell them. I'm sure that you could find them a good home here. :thumbs:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but in your other thread it sounded like Jonesy knew where he lives?

I'm pretty much a man to man, eye to eye kind of guy when it comes to business. I shouldn't have other people do something or make somebody do something they should be doing on their own. So if you wanna jerk me around you get to pay the price.

My decision is that I am going to keep one bottle that I ended up paying for anyway and the other will be put up for sale next week with the proceeds going to the USO. I'll get with Rod to make sure it is OK with him and post the auction in the Saloon. If Chris contacts me before then he will have the opportunity to give his excuse and get the second bottle..

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but in your other thread it sounded like Jonesy knew where he lives?

That sounds like a good idea.

BTW - What is the bottle that everyone has been providing input about? r are you just going to wait until the sale comes up and surprise everyone???

I'm pretty much a man to man, eye to eye kind of guy when it comes to business. I shouldn't have other people do something or make somebody do something they should be doing on their own. So if you wanna jerk me around you get to pay the price.

My decision is that I am going to keep one bottle that I ended up paying for anyway and the other will be put up for sale next week with the proceeds going to the USO. I'll get with Rod to make sure it is OK with him and post the auction in the Saloon. If Chris contacts me before then he will have the opportunity to give his excuse and get the second bottle..

Yes sir, I'm fine with that! Nice gesture...

That sounds like a great trade off for your troubles, Ray. Sorry you had to deal with this guy's BS! Even more awesome of you to donate proceeds to the USO. :thumbs: