• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho?

DarrenR

I swear I am number 8!
I attended a Camacho event at a local shop yesturday.
First I have never really tried any of these smokes so I went in with very little expectations. So here is my impressions of the 2 smokes I tried.
1st La Fontana Belicoso Ring: 54 length: 6.5" warapper: Jamastran Conneticut binder: Mexican Dulce Filler: Jamastran Habana price: $5.60
Smooth, consistant and well constructed at first glance. A sweet aroma pre light. They use a sugar syrup to seal these, so there is a very sweet taste through almost the entire smoking experience. It burned well and very straight. It was never overly hot burning. Taste was nothing to jump about. Very mild spice and earth but it was masked by the sweet. This was a pallet cleaning smoke.

2nd Camacho Coyolar Super Toro ring: 52 length 6.5" wrapper, filler and binder: all Coyolar Price: $5.59(way to much) :angry2:
This is billed a bold and full bodied. Ireally have nothing to say exept that is all there is to these. They are well constructed. An ok aroma pre light very earthy. The burn was very nice. There was just nothing but power to this. I did not get much taste and the boldness just fell way short of pleasurable. I nearly got sick after smoking this and it is by far not the strongest thing I have ever smoked. I just did not enjoy ant part of this smoke. Has anyone else tried it? What did you think of it?
I will not be buying any more of either line. I have a Camacho Corojo left and I will probably sit on that for a while. If you have not noticed I could recommend 20 other smokes for the same price that are a billion times better.
Sorry Camacho.
DarrenR

The Camachos I've smoked kind of run along the same lines of what you described...mostly very strong and full bodied, but just lacking a little in the flavor department...

I've smoked the " Camacho SLR Rothschild Maduro" and found them to be very good. Medium bodied with good flavor and lots of smoke. I'd be careful about lumping an entire line of cigars into a bad category because you didn't like two of them. There are likely to be Camacho's out there more to your liking.

I've had a few IT smokes that I didn't care for....I've also had some that are fantastic. I was glad not to have written them off because of the one's I didn't care for very much. One of the ones I tried afterward are my go to cigars.

:blush: I normally would not disagree with you HKGuns exept inconsistancy I do not believe is the problem with these. As I said they where very well made and all of them in the entire line appeared very consistant. That just did not transfer into a good smoking experience for me. Some may like them I just prefer alittle more full flavor than I do just all power. :D
Whatever floats our boats. It's all in what we like and I did not like them. It's not the first. :D
DarrenR

Camachos are in my opinion a line of cigars whose only puprose is to make strong cigars that blow your head off. They are un balanced and not very good tasting.

If you want to enjoy Honduran tobacco then I would recommend El Rey Del Mundo and JR Ultimate lines of Honduran cigars.These are all well balanced and use aged tobacco and are made by one of the greats at the Villazon Factory. The guy I am talking about is Frank Llaneza he is the master blender and maker of the best Honduran cigars on the planet.

Camachos are in my opinion a line of cigars whose only puprose is to make strong cigars that blow your head off. They are un balanced and not very good tasting.

If you want to enjoy Honduran tobacco then I would recommend El Rey Del Mundo and JR Ultimate lines of Honduran cigars.These are all well balanced and use aged tobacco and are made by one of the greats at the Villazon Factory. The guy I am talking about is Frank Llaneza he is the master blender and maker of the best Honduran cigars on the planet.

I have found the JR Ultimates to be like dog rockets myself. Lop sided and bland. I've tossed a couple just because they just didnt hit the spot. As for El Rey Del Mundo which is made at General Cigar Factory at Danli, Honduras can be good but with General's lack of quality control. Many hit and misses with any cigar they do. :( And I like the El Rey's.

I actually find the camachos to be the only cigar that I have had that completly loses flavor with age. I have tried these numerous times fresh out of the box and I thought they were ok. After sitting for a couple of months in the humi at 65/70, the seemed very blah to me.

I rather like Havana Reserve Monarca's I dislike the SLR (I think they suck and that's why most of the time I see them they are on sale or c-Bid). I have a very good friend who smokes only Cuban cigars and the occasional Cammacho, says it's the only NC he will smoke. Not sure what all that means. Anyway I would agree with whoever said they lack flavor if that means complexity because IMHO they are fairly one dimensional but a reasonably priced smoke for the golf course or somewhere that "a smoke" will do. In other words I might have one while driving with a coffee and enjoy it, but certainly not my pick for a time where a cigar can be savored.

I actually find the camachos to be the only cigar that I have had that completly loses flavor with age. I have tried these numerous times fresh out of the box and I thought they were ok. After sitting for a couple of months in the humi at 65/70, the seemed very blah to me.

I couldn't agree more. I've smoked a few Camachos fresh and they were okay. Nothing compelling, but not a waste of time. However, I've smoked both the Corojo Monarca and the Diploma with about a year of age and they were pretty much flavorless (IMHO).

I love most camacho's.
The 11/18 is tastey with fruity flavors.
The coyolor definately does not have flavor when young...but I have had a few sitting for a month and its definately getting some tastey flavors,cant describe it yet.
The Liberty edition is also a tastey smoke with some fruity flavors.
The corojo is flavorful for a corojo.
The diploma is quite tastey imo.
Also love the slr maduro,thats definately got some tastey flavors as well.
I love them for there stregnth but to say they lack in taste and flavors is an opinion .....imho.

I've smoked several Coyolars. They are one kick ass cigar...Rather one dimentional but full of power.

I don't smoke many cigars that have made my head spin...This one did. :cool:

Camacho Diploma in Natural or Maduro wrapper please. I think these are the best of their regular line. I could smoke one a day for many many moons. I don't have any experience with these aged for any long term periods.

-Emo

Camacho is one of my favorite lines. (I pretty much live on Camacho, RP, Avo, and Padron.)
The 11/18, 07/05, and Diploma are super with a little age.
The Corojo, SLR Maduro, and Coyolars are also in my regular rotation.
Don't do the Coyolar on an empty stomach. Especially the little figuardo.
Never had the La Fontana or whatever. I try normally stay away from the low end smokes. I threw away too much money on stuff like that early in my cigar
life.