• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO America unravel

dbanther22

So last night I was on the deck enjoing my first barber pole (CAO America is a barber pole right?). Well about half way through the wrappers started coming off, so bad that I had to set a great smoke down. Well needless to say i'm rather disappointed. Has anyone else had this problem? I want to get a few more CAO's but i'm worried they'll do the same thing.

Where did it start? If it came unraveled at the head, you may have clipped too much cap off.

I had a CAO 65th Anniv today. It began coming apart almost from the start. Almost un-smokable for the first 3rd. Fought through it but wasn't too happy.

The wrapper was very thin and fragile. I had to baby it all the way.

:(

I've smoked a few and while they stayed together, the wrapper did appear loose as it burned. If that makes since. It seemed like the lighter part of the wrapper was not that well attached.

Smoked through about a box of America monuments at this point and never had this happen; they usually burn pretty even. I've had pretty good luck with most of the CAO's I've smoked, don't count em out just yet. Brazillias always seem to try and canoe on me though.

I've tried 2 of these and both unravelled and they tasted like sh*t. At least they're consistant!

started at the foot (lost my cutter so i've been using a cigar punch)

If it starts at the foot doesn't that mean it was rolled backwards?
Yeah. That's puzzling. I can't recall ever having a cigar unravel starting from the foot. Split, yes. Unravel, no. If it was rolled "upside down.," then there's no way it would have held together without a dab of glue if it was a cut foot cigar (as opposed to a nipple tip like a WOA).

I have had cigars get loose at the head and start unwrapping but that is usually due to the cap leaf coming loose from slobber, slipping off, and then allowing the wrapper to become un-pinned.

That's for a single wrapper cigar though. Maybe the way they get the barberpole effect is using a construction that does not pin the wrapper down. ??? Anyone ever had this problem with the Gurkha or WOA barber poles?

Wilkey

The one CAO America I had was so plugged I could barely get any smoke out of it and the smoke I got was not very flavorful. I had to pitch it about 2 inches in. Very disappointing...