• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Brazilia sizes

mp928

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Please forgive my ignorance for the question I am about to ask, b/c it may very well be a dumb one, but, do all the different sizes of the CAO Brazilia's have the same taste? I just finished a Gol!, and absolutely loved it. I enjoyed every second of it! I was wondering if the taste is consistent through the sizes, such as Gol vs Piranah, or Gol! vs Samba?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

The Gol, robusto size, is one of my favorite cigars. They age real well. I have also had the minis and the toro. I did not like the minis, but thought the toro was good. But really enjoyed the Gol the most.

I too was wondering the same with all cigars in general, I just haven't had the time to search it out. My thinking was that they are names to separate the different sizes and they still have the same flavors and made from the same tobacco. So I too would love clarification on this topic. Thank in advance.

I don't think it is a dumb question at all. My guess would be no. The smaller size means the wrap has a greater effect on the over-all flavor from the cigar. The larger cigar means the wrap has less effect on the flavor. So even if they are made fromt the same tobacco the different combination of wrapper, binder, and filler effect the over-all flavor of the cigar.

I've had the Gol! and the Ipanema, the Gol! was light years better. Perhaps it was just a fluke, so who knows, but I know I have smoked many a cigar in different sizes, same line, and they tasted different.

These are all pretty strong, especially the smallest one, can't remember it's name. Make sure you eat something before these.

I found that as the cigars got bigger, the strength lessened, but they all pretty much tasted the same to me.

I had a Gol! the other night for the first time (thanks Jake), and absolutely loved it. There is a lot of flavor jammed in that little cigar.

I love the Amazon 6x60 you get a lot of thick smoke out of them bad boys!

as for them being strong I don’t think they are that bad rp

Thanks guys for the help!

I never really knew if the size made a difference within the same line of cigars... As far as the Gol!, I was MORE than happy with that one, so I will be perfectly content sticking with that size!

If it ain't broke... don't fix it i guess!!

Just won a 5 pack of the Gol!'s on cbid. It was the first time I used that site, and its fun (and addicting!).
I also dropped $67.00 on 10 Graycliff "double espresso" cigars! I have a feeling that I am about to buy a
lot off that site!

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks guys for the help!

I never really knew if the size made a difference within the same line of cigars... As far as the Gol!, I was MORE than happy with that one, so I will be perfectly content sticking with that size!

If it ain't broke... don't fix it i guess!!

Just won a 5 pack of the Gol!'s on cbid. It was the first time I used that site, and its fun (and addicting!).
I also dropped $67.00 on 10 Graycliff "double espresso" cigars! I have a feeling that I am about to buy a
lot off that site!

Thanks again for the help!

Yeah, careful of that devil's site...my poor humidor is still not fully recovered from the rapid influx of all the cigars I ordered when this place turned me on to C-Bid!

Yeah, careful of that devil's site...my poor humidor is still not fully recovered from the rapid influx of all the cigars I ordered when this place turned me on to C-Bid!

Yup, I know what you mean! Just won another 5 pack. This time I got five Oliva Master Blends I (the 2003 release). I am prettty prettty excited for those! I'm not sure if i just want to look at them or smoke them! My poor humidor... my poor wallet!

....I also dropped $67.00 on 10 Graycliff "double espresso" cigars! I have a feeling that I am about to buy a
lot off that site!

Was it the Graycliff Double Espresso from CI/CB that some people had the beetle problems with a little while ago? Are these still a candidate for the freezer...just in case?

Someone should do a little searching into the archives with this one....:thumbs:

It's always a good idea to do a thorough 'Search' here before you buy any cigar....so you can check out the smoking reviews, issues with certain batches, aging notes, size recommendations, etc. The spontaneity of CB makes us forget that drill sometimes.

After all, that's why you're here and that's how you learn...it's the fun part!

Was it the Graycliff Double Espresso from CI/CB that some people had the beetle problems with a little while ago? Are these still a candidate for the freezer...just in case?

Someone should do a little searching into the archives with this one....:thumbs:

It's always a good idea to do a thorough 'Search' here before you buy any cigar....so you can check out the smoking reviews, issues with certain batches, aging notes, size recommendations, etc. The spontaneity of CB makes us forget that drill sometimes.

Hey Gary,

Thanks so much for the link and the info.. I heard solid reports about the double espresso's, but definitely didn't dig deep enough to find that thread, and those reported problems.. I'm panicking a little bit!!
Just wondering, does CBid store their cigars in a humidity/temp controlled environment? This was my first experience with them, and I took it for granted that I would be receiving fresh sticks... Hopefully, they will be OK, but I am going to give them a careful exam when I get them tomorrow.

Generally, it seems as if people are satisfied with CBid, but I am going to really look into it all... Any positive or negative experiences with them??

Thanks again for all the help, and I'm praying that the Graycliffs and the Oliva MB I will be in good shape!!

Though I'm a bit late I thought I'd chime in with my impressions on the Brazilia line. Thus far I've had the piranha, Gol!, and the Anaconda. The Piranha was my favorite of the three because it seemed like it was the same intense flavor packed tightly into a smaller cigar so it had a bit more of a "punch" if you will. The Gol! is a very close second, and my least favorite of the three was the Anaconda. I might have gotten a bad Anaconda, but it seemed a bit dull and just didn't pack the same flavor profile as the smaller sizes do. They are all solid cigars, and one of my go to smokes.

Hey Gary,

Thanks so much for the link and the info.. I heard solid reports about the double espresso's, but definitely didn't dig deep enough to find that thread, and those reported problems.. I'm panicking a little bit!!
Just wondering, does CBid store their cigars in a humidity/temp controlled environment? This was my first experience with them, and I took it for granted that I would be receiving fresh sticks... Hopefully, they will be OK, but I am going to give them a careful exam when I get them tomorrow.

Generally, it seems as if people are satisfied with CBid, but I am going to really look into it all... Any positive or negative experiences with them??

Thanks again for all the help, and I'm praying that the Graycliffs and the Oliva MB I will be in good shape!!
CBid is awesome for great deals with quick shipping...it was just this one cigar that was infected with beetles. The issue is easily remedied...do a little searching about beetle infestations.

The CliffsNotes version is to....

1) double (ziploc) bag the cigars and put them in your freezer for 2-3 days
2) then move them to the fridge section for a day or two
3) take them out of the fridge and let them sit at room temp for a few hours
4) remove the cigars from the bags and put them in your humidor

The freezing kills the beetle larva so they won't be able to hatch when it get warm.

Like I said...better safe than sorry!

:thumbs:

CBid is awesome for great deals with quick shipping...it was just this one cigar that was infected with beetles. The issue is easily remedied...do a little searching about beetle infestations.

The CliffsNotes version is to....

1) double (ziploc) bag the cigars and put them in your freezer for 2-3 days
2) then move them to the fridge section for a day or two
3) take them out of the fridge and let them sit at room temp for a few hours
4) remove the cigars from the bags and put them in your humidor

The freezing kills the beetle larva so they won't be able to hatch when it get warm.

Like I said...better safe than sorry!

:thumbs:

Thanks again for the help Gary .. I really appreciate it.

I have looked up the process of freezing the sticks, and feel comfortable doing so if I have to. Do you think that I should pre-emptively freeze them when I get them later today, or only do that if there are signs of beetles in the Graycliffs?

Who invented cigar beetles anyway.. I am NOT a fan! :D

Thanks!!

Though I'm a bit late I thought I'd chime in with my impressions on the Brazilia line. Thus far I've had the piranha, Gol!, and the Anaconda. The Piranha was my favorite of the three because it seemed like it was the same intense flavor packed tightly into a smaller cigar so it had a bit more of a "punch" if you will. The Gol! is a very close second, and my least favorite of the three was the Anaconda. I might have gotten a bad Anaconda, but it seemed a bit dull and just didn't pack the same flavor profile as the smaller sizes do. They are all solid cigars, and one of my go to smokes.

Thanks for your input! I was definitely interested in opinions of the Piranha. I am heading down to my local shop tonight and going to pick up a few of these for my humi.

These are all pretty strong, especially the smallest one, can't remember it's name. Make sure you eat something before these.

I found that as the cigars got bigger, the strength lessened, but they all pretty much tasted the same to me.

I fully agree.....imho flavor profile is quite consistent throughout the sizes, but the smaller smokes have more kick. I like the pirhana a lot......but imho the carioca (4" X 38) is one of the best smaller cigars on the market.