• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cao Criollo

I'm still trying to forget my Criollo experience, worse than a cigarette.

Hmm, I've smoked just about every line from CAO and I've always felt they were a decent, if overpriced, smoke. The Brazilia, Cameroon and Maduros are staples in my humidor. The Criollo is definitely a unique flavor profile, but I'll smoke 'em from time to time.

I like the criolla.
The fatter gauge criolla as stated is one I like from CAO,as well as the Soprano,MX2,CX2,Brazillia and now the Vision.The annaversary camaroon isnt bad nor there maduro.
Soprano and Vision are my two favorites right now from CAO.

I've never had the Criollo.... but the CAO Black was one of the worst cigars I've ever smoked. I love the Brazilias, though.

This thread is another example of how different folks have different tastes. Diversity at its best! :D

I've never had the Criollo.... but the CAO Black was one of the worst cigars I've ever smoked. I love the Brazilias, though.

This thread is another example of how different folks have different tastes. Diversity at its best! :D

That's true, everyone has different tastes. The Criollo taught me a valuable lesson though, you should never gift a cigar to someone if you haven't already tried that cigar. I gave my only criollo away and Jabba hated it. At least if I had tried it I could have tried to warn him what it would be like, or maybe not gift one to him if I hadn't liked it myself.

I missed this one until the bump. I got a couple of Criollos from NFulton in a very generous trade. I had one a few nights ago and quite liked it. Nate either aged it, or there is benefit in underdeveloped tastes. I have 2 left, so I'm interested in how they smoke as well. I've had one each of the whole Soprano line and enjoyed them as well. Thanks, Matty.

The first and last criollo I smoked compelled this review.

"Awful. Awful Awful Awful! I burned one of the robusto sized criollo's last night while walking the dogs and surveying the white wasteland that were once rolling Virginia hills. YUCK! It had a nasty metalic quality throughout the first half that overpowered any redeeming flavor this cigar may have offered. The second half is at the bottom of a hole, shaped like a boot, in a snowbank about a 1/2 mile west on rt. 719 in north western Virginia. Patuey."

"It wouldn't have been so bad had I not just mucked my way 100 yards through 3 feet of snow to get to the plowed road...AND that was the only stick I brought with me. Thank God someone gifted me that rocket instead of me spending actual cash for it."

NA

I have some that have been in the humi for about 2 yrs now. I actually think with some age on them, they are a good smoke!

hmm, even though not much people like these, i think i'll still try it, i really can't wait to try my brazilla though :thumbs:

Dang, all these negative reports on this stick and I got two sitting from the CAO "CX-2 ran out of hats" give-away a few months back. Hopefully a few months rest will help them out--got to remember the tongue in the trunk and fat lady technique of getting the taste out of my mouth if I don't like em :laugh: . I thought the CX2 was darn good though. I've also had CAO's annervisary cameroon and thought it was good, but a bit mild.

thanks for the heads up

I dont hate it as much as you but all the ones i have smoked are aged at least 6-7 months. I like the brazilia soprano and italia(some times) my Girlfriend loves the cameroon.