• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO CRS Sampler four pack.

Brazilia
Big review coming up guys.

The construction of this cigar is quite good. Little firm, slight veining and a great pre-light draw. The wrapper has an earthy smell. I wasn't too impressed with the label, but its a minor nit.
381527183_8b72d94b8f_o.jpg

First Inch:
The cigar lights up great, with a brief spicy feel on the lips. The smoke quantity is light and even though this is a stronger cigar the body is mild-medium. The initial nose exhale is nutty with a slight apricot taste. The nutty flavor was surprising, slightly oily in the feel too. I personally enjoyed the complexity of the medium bodied yet creamy smoke taste. Given all the robust flavors, the tobacco still has a clean earthy base. It wasn't perfect though....
381527182_fb54bdafbd_o.jpg

The crack was superficial. It didn't affect the flavor at all.

Second Inch:
I'm starting to enjoy the room note of the smoke. Its earthy with an undeniable presence without being overbearing. The smoke also shares a slightly nutty smell in the room. As this inch burns its way down the nuttiness which was a strong presence is mellowing. I'm also starting to smell a bit of rich oiled leather as the flavors are mellowing. Its great really. I'm enjoying this very much. Also notable, as the cigar loosens the smoke quantity is increasing.
381530264_fa841ee46a_o.jpg

Third Inch:
MOTS as I say, but the flavors are changing as I go. From nutty, to mellow then a contrasting bitter taste. Hints of coffee are now coming through. The ash hang is impressive too.
381530270_9044cd5336_o.jpg

Fourth Inch:
Lots more of the enjoyable same. I'm enjoying this ever changing journey. The bitterness is up as I work to the tar end of the stick. I also need to comment on the burn, its been razor straight all the way down from the first light. Well made indeed.
381527168_eebeb59234_b.jpg

Its very much the same for the rest of the cigar. I thought past the 5th inch that I might be a contender for the ash stand, but it gave up on me. After another inch I decided I would dissect the cigar instead of nubbing it (this was a hard choice to make).
381530267_00ad929f92_o.jpg

With much trepidation I decided to dissect instead of nubbing it, since I am doing this review to increase my overall cigar IQ.
381527171_252afe9e1f_o.jpg

Now I know little about what makes a good construction, but with my observations I noticed that wrapper was pretty thick seen in the lower left of the picture. The binder was a bit thicker and can be seen in two parts from the lower right to upper right. The filler was everything else. I noticed lots of light brown/tan filler tobac, which had an oily feel to it. Fun experiment, but I'm not sure what I learned :p

I had a great time with this cigar. I loved the changing flavors that all complimented each other quite well. From nutty to the apricot to the spicy mellow tobacco. All really great things. So far this is the best CAO I have ever smoked. I'll be more then happy to smoke this again. I think the best thing that appeals to me with the cigar is the "Journey" feel. Its ever changing, so many variables to experience, but its not like descending a staircase. The flavors come and go and when I started to think the nuttiness was gone.. Bam right there with me again. I would recommend the people here to try these, maybe two..
381527176_98f5613e55_o.jpg

Thanks for reading, and sorry about the lack of posting. I've been in AZ on vacation. Look for the final review later this week hopefully.

Once again hoshnasi, your photos are National Geographic quality! Very well-written review as well. I too enjoy the Brazilia, but give the Italia the slight edge. Pick up a couple if you haven't yet.

Sorry for the long wait. I was finally able to smoke the final cigar last night.

Black

390459837_c69be41d5e_o.jpg

The construction is firm and with a small nip on the head the draw was great.

390459834_9696e4f74c_o.jpg

With a quick toast the foot lit up nicely. I can't say that I was in love with the spicy peppery mouth and lip taste, but it wasn't bad with the bottle of Stella Artois I had with me. The room note at first light reminded me fresh roasting coffee in the morning and for a lack of a better term the cigar in all ways, construction, flavor and room note felt young to me. Strong flavors of cedar were present through most of the first inch and beyond. Also along for the ride were hints of cocoa.

390459839_0e04980ab6_o.jpg

As I worked my way down giving the cigar a few nose exhales I started to pick up a sweet hint of toffee, something I don't often taste in the cigars I smoke. Its also important to point out that this stick puts out some smoke, but its not extremely pungent. My favorite sweater (which I am wearing now) has barely a hint of the cigar smoked the night before.

390459843_5d789f09d6_o.jpg

One of the things that was surprising about this cigar was that it did mellow as it worked its way down. The pepper weakened revealing a nice coffee and cocoa flavor. The loosening of the wrapper made more smoke as well. Heat became a bit of an issue as I was close to finish though. Draws with about minute cadence had alot of heat.

390459832_5bfa85d0c4_o.jpg

I'd give this one a "Try It" score. I thought it would be a one trick the pony the whole way and it surprised me. I think my second one might get put away for a few months to see what happens.

CAO Wrap-Up:
In order from least to most favorite.

..Criollo..
..Maduro..
..Black..
..Brazillia..

I really liked the Brazillia the most. i think everyone should give it a shot, hopefully you too will be surprised. The Black and Maduro are pretty much a tie. Points to the Black for its size and packing though.

Thanks so much for reading everyone. Sorry about it getting dragged on.

390459845_7763b5aef3_o.jpg

It was really nice to read all those review withs fantastic photo documentary.
Great job!

Waiting for another sampler review.

:thumbs:

Good stuff hosh, enjoyed the pics and reviews.

I agree that the Brazilia has a lot of taste, for me it's just not a great taste though.